CBSE UGC NET Eligibility Criteria January 2017: Find here detail about minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in CBSE UGC NET. Aspirants, willing to apply for UGC NET, they need to read this post first.
- 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or its equivalent exam with Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Electronic Science, Computer Science & Applications etc. Candidates, belonging to non-creamy layer OBC/PwD/SC/ST, are required to obtain minimum 50% marks (without rounding off) in aforesaid degree.
- Candidates, who have either appeared or appearing in the qualifying exam or whose result status is awaited or whose exam has been delayed, are also permitted to apply. However, such candidates will be considered for selection only if they fulfill aforesaid criteria.
- All PhD degree holders, whose Master degree had been finished by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of releasing result), will be considered for 5% relaxation in aggregate marks.
- Candidates should appear in their post graduation subject only.
- Candidates do not need to send any documents/certificates as proof of their eligibility or printout of application form to Central Board of Secondary Education.
- Candidates, who are awarded post-graduate diploma/certificate by any recognized institute/University or foreign diploma/degree/certificate by the foreign institute/university, they need to determine the sameness of their degree from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. For more info visit- aiuweb.org.
Age Criteria & Relaxation Norms
- For Junior Research Fellowship: Candidates’ age should not be more than 28 years as on 1st July, 2016. Relaxation would be given to candidates from OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PwD/SC/ST category/women applicants. Candidates, having research experience in relevant field will be also considered for relaxation. Three year relaxation is allowable in case of candidates having LLM degree.
- For Assistance Professor: No upper age limit has been specified for this award.
Exemption Criteria for Assistant Professor
- Clearing SLET/NET/SET is the minimum eligibility norm to become eligible for the award of Assistant Professor. However, candidate having a PhD degree in accordance with UGC Regulations 2009; will be exempted from minimum eligibility norm as specified above.
- Candidates, who have cleared the UGC/CSIR JRF exam before 1989, are also exempted from appearing in the National Eligibility Test.
Condition for SET Candidates: Candidates, who have passed the States Eligibility Test (SET) before 1st Dec 2002, are exempted from appearing in National Eligibility Test and they can apply for the post of Assistant Professor anywhere in India. Candidates, who appeared in SET held from 1st Dec 2002 onwards, are allowed to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the colleges/universities located in the state from where they have passed their SET.