JEE Main 2016 Counselling – Last year, the counselling of JEE Main 2016 was held by JoSAA. The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) was a collaborating between Joint Admission Board (JAB) and Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB). The JoSAA counselling was a combined effort to provide a single platform to the entrants of JEE Main and JEE Advanced for applying to IITs, NITs and Other GFTIs. It is expected that even this year, similar counselling mechanism will be followed.
Under JoSAA counselling, the entire process of counselling will be held online mode. From form filling and options locking to confirmation of seat could be done online. However, candidates will be required to report physically at the respective institute afterwards. Check the article below for more information on JEE Main 2016 counselling.
JEE Main 2016 Counselling
In JEE Main counselling on the basis of the choices and several other factors, allotment will be done judicially. It is speculated that the process of counselling and seat allotment will be held in July 2016, after the conclusion of JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2016. Previously, the JEE Main counselling was conducted by CSAB (Central Seat Allocation Board)> However, now JoSAA might conduct it. the JoSAA will conduct Counselling Process of JEE Main 2016 for the following admissions:
- All candidates for academic programs at IIITs
- Home State candidates for academic programs at NITs and BITM
- Other States candidates for academic programs at NITs and BITM
- Other States candidates for academic programs at the other CFTIs
Allotment will be purely based on merit (All India Rank) hence the candidate with better score/lower ranking has higher chances of getting the desired allotment in the counselling round. Only those candidates will be able to participate in the counselling will qualify JEE Main 2016. Once an allotted seat is rejected by the candidate, he/she will not be allowed to participate in the further rounds of counselling. Provisionally allotted candidate can withdraw his admission on the cost of losing permission to take part in further rounds of seat allotment as well as spot round.
Union Territories and Respective NITs for JEE Main 2016 Counselling
For the students of UTs without NITs (Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and Kandi, Daman and Diu, and Dadra and Nagar Haveli), the full home quota will be made available at the nearest NIT. These seats will be considered over and above the home state quota. Tabular representation of the states and UTs without NIT and the home state quota is as under:
Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Daman and Diu
Dadra and Nagar Haveli
Stages of JEE Main 2016 Counselling
There will be several stages in the counselling; a candidate must attend all these stages to get the final allotment confirmation and join the course. These stages are:
- Online Registration
- Choice Filling
- Choice Locking
- Seat Allotment
- Payment Of Fees
- Reporting To The RC
- Reporting To The Allotted Institute
Process of JEE Main 2016 Counselling cum Allotment
Step 1 – Online Registration
- Access the official website of JEE Main 2016 counselling
- Spot round registration will start at the end of the regular counselling
- Enter all the asked details – name, category, date of birth, address, and bank details
- Pay the counselling fees via-challan, debit or credit card
Step 2 – Online Choice Filling And Lockin
- Log in your account and being with choice filling round
- Mark options of colleges and courses after logging in
- Make choices carefully, choices once locked will not be altered
- Fill maximum possible choices for allotment
- Lock the choices before the deadline
- Choice locking will be done after each round of counselling
- Candidates can mark upgraded choices in successive rounds of choice filling and locking process
Step 3 – Seat Allotment And Document Authentication
- Allotment will be done on the basis of AIR, reservation norms, choices filled and vacancies
- There will be multiple rounds of counselling and seat allotment
- On being allotted, a candidate has to report to the RC as per the schedule
- Proceed to pay the fees to confirm the allotment of seat
- Get all the documents checked by the officials
- A provisional admission letter will be issued on completion of the process
Step 4 – Reporting to Allotted Institute
- Candidate must report to the allotted institute with all the documents and certificates. Failing to do so will result into cancellation of the seat.
JEE Main 2016 Spot Seat Allotment
A spot round of seat allotment is possible if there are vacant seats from the usual rounds of counselling.
No fresh registration is required from an already registered candidate.
Candidates who are registering afresh have to fill the choices, pay the fees and lock choices for allotment.
JEE Main Counselling – Necessary Documents
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Character Certificate
- JEE Main 2016 Admit Card
- JEE Main 2016 Rank Card
- Copy Of The Confirmation Page
- Class X & XII Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Recent Passport Size Photographs
JoSAA 2016 Dual Reporting
According to the business rule of JoSAA, a one-time opportunity will be given for Registration, Online Choice Filling, Dual Reporting. All the candidates are well aware with Registration and Choice Filling, but what is Dual Reporting?…Well, Dual Reporting is the process of reporting twice, to switch seat allocated in one institute with the seat allocated in another one. Candidates will Dual Report when they will want to change the allotment from NIT + System Changes to an IIT/ ISM. In other words, candidates allocated seat in NITs, IIITs or Other GFTIs but looking forward to confirm the allocated seat in IITs/ISM, in the next round of counselling, are required report once again at IIT/ISM Reporting Center. Same has to be done by the candidates who wish to leave the seat in IIT/ISM, to confirm the seat allocated in NITs + System Change. He/she will also have to report again at the NITs + System Change Reporting Center. Candidates who will fail to do so will end up losing the seat in both NIT + System Change and IIT/ISM.
JEE Main 2016 Counselling Procedure
JEE Main counselling procedure comprises of the following steps:
Step 1- Online Registration
- Go to the official website of JEE Main 2016.
- Enter all the details such as name, date of birth, category, address and bank details.
- Pay the counselling fees via- challan, debit card or credit card.
Step 2- Online Choice Filling and Lockin
Login your account.
- Mark options of colleges and courses after login.
- Make choices carefully, choices one locked will not be changed.
- Fill maximum possible choices for allotment.
- Lock the choices before the deadline.
- Choice locking will be done after each round of counselling.
- Candidates can mark upgraded choice in successive rounds of choice filling and locking process.
Step 3- Seat Allotment and Document Verification
- Allotment will be done on the basis of reservation norms, choices filled and vacancies.
- There will be multiple rounds of counselling and seat allotment.
- Pay the fees to confirm the allotment of seat.
- Get all the documents checked by the officials.
- A provisional admission letter will be issued on completion of the process.
Step 4- Reporting to Allocated Institute
- Candidates must report to the allotted institute with all the documents and certificates.