KUFOS Admission 2017: Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences will be inviting applications from eligible candidates for admission to various Under-Graduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG), Diploma and Ph.D Programs in the constituent Schools of KUFOS in the academic session 2017. The admission will be made on the basis of the score obtained n the Entrance Examination and Interview.
P.G/Ph.D/ Diploma Courses offered at KUFOS
- P.G. Diploma
Post-graduate programs are offered in the constituent schools of the University listed below:
- School of Aquaculture and Biotechnology
- School of Fisheries Resource Mgmt. & Harvest Technology
- School of Aquatic Food Products and Technology
- School of Management & Entrepreneurship
- School of Ocean Studies & Technology
Eligibility criteria for KUFOS Admission 2017
For M.F.Sc Programs
Candidate should have done 4- year Bachelor’s degree in Fisheries Science (B.F.Sc) recognized by Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies with a minimum OGPA of 6.5/10.0 ( minimum 5.5/10.0 OGPA in the case of candidates from SC/ST category)
For M.Sc Programs
Candidates should have done B.Sc with minimum of 50% or OGPA of 6.5/10.0 or 2.2/4.0 OGPA in any of the following subject combinations – B.Sc Aquaculture; B.Sc Zoology; B.Sc Industrial Fish and Fisheries; B.F.Sc (N); B.F.Sc; B.Sc Microbiology; B.Sc. Botany/ Zoology/Chemistry; B.Sc Life Science; B.Sc Bio-informatics and B.Sc Biotechnology /B.Tech Bio-informatics
For MBA Programme
- Candidates must have done Graduates/Post Graduates in Arts, Science, Commerce or professional graduates from Indian or Foreign Universities recognized by UGC/ AICTE KUFOS with scoring at least of 55% marks in aggregate in optional subjects under the system (10+2+3).
- There will be relaxation of 5% given in minimum qualifying marks for candidates belonging to SC/ST category
- All professional graduates of State Agricultural Universities/Deemed Universities under the ICAR system needs to score minimum OGPA of 6.0/10.0 (5.5/10.0 in case of candidates belonging to SC /ST Category)
- Applicants awaiting their final results of the qualifying degree can also apply for the MBA programme, but they should have obtained their qualifying degree before 3 months after the beginning of classes
For M.Tech courses
Candidate must have done B.Tech/BE in Integrated Coastal Zone Management/ Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Harbor Engineering/ Environmental Engineering/ Coastal Engineering, M.Sc in Marine Geology/Law Graduates, Geo Physics, Geo Science, B.F.Sc, Marine Biology & Oceanography with a minimum mark of 50% which is required for the qualifying degree.
For LLM in Maritime Law (Evening Course)
Candidates who have qualified the LLB Degree Examination of any University in the State of Kerala or of any other University recognized as equivalent thereto and has obtained minimum of 55% of the marks in the aggregate (50% for candidates belonging to SC/ST category).
For PG Diploma
- Candidate should be graduated in any Science discipline in order to apply for PG diploma admission in AST (Aquarium Science & Technology)
- Candidate seeking admission in Ind. Aquaculture diploma course should have done B.Sc any Biological subjects including Zoology, Botany, Fisheries and Biotechnology
- For PG Diploma with Specialization in Brackish Water and Marine Aquaculture, Candidate must be cleared +2 or VHSE with Biology as one of the subjects
Reservation of Seats
The reservation rules prescribed by the Government of Kerala will be applicable for admission to all courses; list of the people to be considered under the SC/ST category will be as per the list approved by the Government of Kerala.
Application Form: How to apply?
Application Form and information booklet for KUFOS admission into the Post Graduate, Diploma and PhD courses for academic year 2017 can be downloaded from the KUFOS official website i.e. www.kufos.ac.in. Fill all the mandatory fields in form very carefully and accurately.
Candidates should pay Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/-for SC/ST candidates of Kerala state only). They can remit the application fee via e- Challan (which can be downloaded from university website) drawn in favour of “The Finance Officer, Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies, Panangad”, payable at SBT Vyttila. No other mode of application fee payment will be entertained.
A passport size photograph of the applicant bearing his/her signature must be affixed on the application and admit card.
Send the duly filled in Application along with the original challan to the Registrar, Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies, Panangad P.O., Kochi – 682506 (Kerala) on or before due date.
For M.F.Sc Programs/ M.Sc Programs/ M.Tech/PG Diploma
Selection to these courses will be made only on the basis of marks obtained in common entrance examination and interview conducted by KUFOS
LLM in Maritime Law Admisison
Selection will be made through common entrance exam and interview conducted by KUFOS. Admission to the programme will be done only on the basis of an Entrance Test of 2- hour duration which will be of objective type consisting 100 questions with carrying one mark each.
Selection to the MBA course will be done on the basis of marks obtained in MAT/ CMAT/ CAT/KUFOS MAT and Group Discussion and Interview.
Important dates (Tentative)
|Applications will be available from||March 2017|
|Last Date of Receipt of Application||April 2017|
|Date of KUFOS Entrance Exam||May 2017|
|Rank list will be published on||June 2017|
|Date for PG Admission||June 2017|
|Classes starts from||June 2017|