1.What is a Database? Ans: A database is a collection of related data .A database is a logically coherent collection of data with some inherent meaning. 2. What is DBMS? Ans: Database Management system is a collection of programs that enables user to create and maintain a database. Thus a DBMS is a general purposed s/w system that facilitates the process of defining constructing and manipulating a database for various applications. (Defining…View Details
Currently Browsing : RDBMS.
11. What is the job of DBA? Ans: A database administrator is a person or a group responsible for authorizing access to the database, for coordinating and monitoring its use, and for acquiring s/w and h/w resources as needed. 12. Who are db designer? Ans: Data base designers are responsible for identifying the data to be stored in the database and for choosing appropriate structure to represent and store this data…View Details
21. What are different DBMS languages? Ans: 1. DDL (Data definition language) 2. SDL (Storage definition language) 3. VDL (View definition language) 4. DML (Data manipulation language) 22. What are different types of DBMS? Ans: 1. DBMS 2. RDBMS (Relational) 3. ORDBMS (Object Relational) 4. DDBMS (Distributed) 5. FDBMS (Federated) 6. HDDBMS (Homogeneous) 7. HDBMS (Hierarchical) 8. NDBMS (Networked) 23. What is an entity? Ans: An entity is a thing in…View Details
31. What is Cardinality ratio? Ans: The cardinality ratio for a binary relationship specifies the number of relationship instances that an entity can participate in. 32. What is a Participation constraint? Ans: The participation constraint specifies whether the existence of an entity depends on its being related to another entity via the relationship type. This is of two types: 1. Total participation. 2. Partial participation. 33. What is a weak entity…View Details
41. What is RAID Technology? Ans: Redundant array of inexpensive (or independent) disks. The main goal of raid technology is to even out the widely different rates of performance improvement of disks against those in memory and microprocessor. Raid technology employs the technique of data striping to achieve higher transfer rates. 42. What is Hashing technique? Ans: This is a primary file organization technique that provides very fast access to records…View Details
51. What are conflict serializable schedules? Ans: A schedule S of n transactions is serializable if it is equivalent to some serial schedule of the same n transactions. 52. What is result equivalent? Ans: Two schedules are called result equivalent if they produce the same final state of the data base. 53. What are conflict equivalent schedules? Ans: Two schedules are said to be conflict equivalent if the order of any…View Details
Get Notifications in your inbox
Free Subscribe to our Notification on Latest Jobs, Admit Card, Exam Results & Colleges in India, we will update you via email.
We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously
Updated on Tuesday, January 17, 2017