Bangalore University PhD Admission 2017: Applications will be invited by Bangalore University, Bangalore from eligible candidates for admission to Doctoral of Philosophy (Ph.D) program in various streams such as Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering under the Faculty of Engineering for academic year 2017. Interested and eligible candidates can apply as per prescribed schedule.
Eligibility Criteria for Bangalore University PhD Admission 2017
Candidates must satisfy prescribed eligibility criteria before applying admission to Phd course at Bangalore University. The eligibility Criteria is as follows:
- Candidate who has completed a Post-Graduate Degree from recognized University with minimum of 55% marks (50 % for candidates belonging to SC/ST/CAT-I/Differently abled category) will be eligible to apply
- Candidates, who are appointed on regular basis prior to 31st March 1993 as teachers, librarians and physical education personnel in colleges and University Departments, the minimum marks will be 50% provided such candidates are continuing in service at the time of submission of application form for registration
- If the results of PG program is announced in the form of credits/ grades/cumulative points in their marks cards/ transcripts, such points/ grades will be changed into percentage to evaluate the minimum eligibility criteria
- The applicants who have already qualified the UGC/UGC-CSIR JRF Test/ SLET/ NET/ GATE/ SET/ recognized young researchers by UGC/ DST/ AICTE/ CSIR, etc/achieved Phil degree in regular course work and not through distance education mode/ Project Assistants working in sponsored major research projects/ Project Fellows/FIP/QIP/Foreign applicants will be eligible for exception from the Entrance Test.
Application Form: How to apply?
Candidates should visit and browse the application form from official website of university i.e. www.karnataka.gov.in/bangaloreuniversity or www.attristech.com/bu after the release of official notification.
The candidates need to submit duly filled-in application form via online mode only along with fees of Rs.2000/- (Rs.1500/- for non-entrance candidates) for entrance (50% of the given fee for candidates from SC/ST category-I) to the Finance Officer, Bangalore University S.B. A/c No. 64144997173 of State Bank of Mysore
Those who are exempted from taking Entrance Test also have to submit their application form.
Duly filled in Application Form completed in all respects along with proof of fee paid and important documents will be sent online and one hard copy of the filled in Application with related documents will also be sent to the Registrar (Evaluation), Pareeksha Bhavan, Bangalore University, Jnanabharati Campus, Bangalore – 560056 on or before due date by speed post/courier.
Application form will be downloaded only from the University website and they will not be given in the office.
- The entrance test will be comprised of 100 Multiple-choice questions.
- Each correct answer will be rewarded with 1 mark.
- The questions in the entrance test will be asked from Research Methodology and / or cognate/ core subjects of the Post Graduate courses
- The entrance test will be conduct for 120 minutes i.e. 2 hours.
Candidates will be selected through merit list which prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the entrance test organized by institute and scores achieved in the qualifying examination in the ratio of 50:50.
However, the candidates needed to obtain an overall minimum of 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST/Category) to be eligible for provisional registration.
Important dates (Tentative)
|Application Forms will be available from||April 2017|
|Last date for the receiving of application form||April 2017|
|Entrance test will be held on||May 2017|
|Key answers will be declared on||May 2017|
|Objections, if any, to be raised by the applicants for key answers||June 2017|
|Provisional Eligibility List of qualified applicants will be announcement on||June 2017|
|Date of counseling and admission||June 2017|