Berhampur University M.Phil Admission 2017: Applications will be invited by Berhampur University from eligible candidates for admission into M.Phil courses for academic year 2017. Candidates seeking M.phil admission in various subjects at Berhampur University can apply as per prescribed schedule.
The university offers Mphil admission in following subjects
Chemistry, Botany, Commerce, English, Economics, History, Industrial Relations and Personal Management, Home Science, Mathematics, Marine Sciences, Odia, Political Science, Physics, Zoology, Women’s Studies etc.
Eligibility Criteria for Berhampur University M.Phil Admission 2017
Candidates must satisfy below eligibility criteria before applying for the entrance test.
- Candidates having MA/M.Sc/M.Com degree or any other examination recognized by the Berhampur University as equivalent thereto, with minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade (50% of marks or equivalent grade for the applicants belonging to the SC/ST categories are eligible for admission into the M.Phil course in that subject.
- For admission to M.Phil in Women’s Studies, candidates should have passed Post-Graduate degree from Berhampur University or from any other University recognized as equivalent thereto with minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade (50% of marks for the SC/ST categories).
Application Form: How to apply
Interested and eligible candidates can download the application forms from the official website of university i.e. www.buodisha.edu.in. Candidates are advised to carefully go through the information bulletin and important instructions before applying to any of the above courses.
Applicants seeking admission to any M.Phil programme of the various PG Departments should send their applications form duly filled in along with the required documents and required fee (complete in all respects) to the address mentioned below::
Head of the Department for which admission is wanted
Director, Women’s Studies Research Centre in case of M.Phil in Womens’ Studies, by Registered Post or Speed Post
Candidates need to send a crossed DD for Rs.1000/-drawn in favour of the Head of the Department concerned for which admission is required to Director, WSRC in case of M.Phil in Womens’ Studies, and payable at the SBI, Bhanja Bihar (Berhampur)-760007
- The written test will comprise of 60 marks
- The duration of exam will be 2 hours.
- The Question Paper will cover all the subjects taught at the PG level of the concerned subject of Berhampur University.
The marks are distributed as follows:
- Entrance (Written Test): 60 marks, in which 30 Marks for five Descriptive Type Questions (each carrying 6 marks)
- 30 marks for 15 Short-answer Type Questions (Each carrying 2 marks)
Selection of candidates to M.Phil Courses will be done on the basis of the marks secured by candidates in the Entrance Test, Career Marks, and marks obtained in Viva Voce/ Interview
Important Dates (Tentative)
|Notification will be announced on||November 2016|
|Last date for receiving of application form||December 2016|
|Date of entrance test||December 2016|
|Date of test for Women Studies||December 2016|
|Result will be announced on||December 2016|
|Classes will start from||January 2017|