Calicut University PG Entrance Examination 2017: Applications will be invited by University of Calicut for admission to the various PG courses through an entrance exam for the Academic session 2017. Candidates seeking admission in following PG courses should appear in the entrance test after satisfying the required eligibility criteria.
- M.Sc. General Biotechnology – 4 Semesters
- MSW – 4 Semesters (under SF streams)
- M.Sc. Health and Yoga Therapy -4 Semesters
- M.Sc Applied Psychology – 4 semesters
- M.C.J. – 4 Semesters
- M.Sc Clinical Psychology
- Master of Physical Education (MPEd)-4 semesters
- Master of Hospital Administration
- M.Sc. Food Science and Technology
- M.Sc. Applied Zoology (University Department)
- M.Sc. Radiation Physics (Self financing)
- M.Sc. Environmental Science (University Department)
- M.A. (Folklore) – 4 Semesters
- M.Sc. Computer Science
Eligibility criteria for Calicut University PG Entrance Examination 2017
For M.Sc. General Biotechnology
Candidate must have done Bachelor Degree (10+2+3) with minimum of 55% marks/equivalent grade in Bio-Informatics, Biotechnology, Micro Biology, Biochemistry, Zoology, Botany, Medical Laboratory Technology, Chemistry, B.V.Sc, B.Sc Agriculture, B.Pharm, Life Sciences of this University or any other equivalent Degree accepted by the University.
Candidates having Bachelors Degree in any discipline recognized by the University of Calicut with at least of 50% aggregate marks (total marks scored for part – I English and part III (main and additional) subjects) are eligible to apply.
M.Sc. Health and Yoga Therapy
Any graduate in Medical Science BAMS, MBBS, BHMS/Graduate in Biological Sciences such as Zoology, Dietetics & Nutrition, Biochemistry, Home Science, Microbiology, BioTechnology, Physiology, Clinical Psychology, Chemistry or any Humanities and Commerce graduate; any other Science graduate; Any graduate from education or Physical must produce a medical certificate for organic fitness. Candidate must have scored at least of 45% marks for graduation.
M.Sc Applied Psychology
Candidate must have done Bachelor degree of this University or any other University recognized as equivalent by university of Calicut with Psychology as one of the papers in Part III either Main or secondary subject.
Candidate having Bachelor degree of this University or any other University acknowledged by Calicut University as equivalent thereto with an aggregate of minimum 45% marks are eligible to apply. Professional graduates will also be considered, if they obtain at least of 60% marks in overall subjects.
M.Sc Clinical Psychology
Applicants who have done their Bachelor’s Degree recognized by this University with minimum of 50% marks in BA/BSc Psychology or MBBS/BHMS/BAMS/BSc Nursing or Bachelor’s Degree with Psychology programmes can apply for admission.
Master of Physical Education (MPEd)
- Candidate must be passed in BPE or B.PEd of Calicut University or any other University duly recognized by University of Calicut and minimum sports achievements should be a 2nd place in the Inter secluded Or Inter district competitions recognized by the Universities in Kerala or renowned sports associations accepted by the Kerala Sports Council.
- The upper age limit to the programme will be 25 years as on the 1st July of the year of admission.
- There will be relaxation given up to 5 years in age to those applicants who have participated in National level tournaments or inter University Tournaments or in service candidates (Physical Education teachers) with at least of 3 years experience and deputed by the appointing authority and SC/ST applicants.
M.Sc. Food Science and Technology
Candidates must obtained minimum of 50% marks in Part III Optional in any B.Sc Degree and approved by University of Calicut with Mathematics as one of the optional subject in 10+2 or B.Sc Level.
M.Sc. Applied Zoology
Candidate must have done B.Sc Degree of this University with Zoology as main subject or equivalent degree scoring minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade for Part III without subsidiaries.
M.Sc. Radiation Physics (Self financing)
Candidate having degree in Physics with minimum of 60% marks and with Mathematics as one of the subjects, in (10+2+3) regular pattern of University of Calicut or any other University / Institution approved by the UGC and recognized as equivalent to by the University of Calicut are eligible to apply for admission.
M.Sc. Environmental Science (University Department)
Candidates having Degree in any Science stream recognized by the University of Calicut, with obtaining minimum of 50% marks/equivalent grade can apply.
Candidates holding any graduation degree recognized by UGC/Calicut University with at least of 45% marks can apply for admission.
Candidates, who are having Post-graduation, are also eligible for admission.
M.Sc. Computer Science
The applicant applying for admission to M.Sc Computer Science must have obtained minimum of 55% of marks or equivalent grade in B.Sc (Information Technology or Computer Science or Electronics or Mathematics or Physics or Chemistry or Statistics) or BCA or BE / B.Tech (Computer Science or Electronics or Information Technology or Electronics and Telecommunication or Electronics and Communication).
Application Form: How to apply?
Aspirants can apply online through the University website i.e. www.cuonline.ac.in.
Process to apply
- Go to official website link and click on the link ‘PG Entrance 2017″.
- Enter challan number and Pass word and proceed for completing the registration process.
- Send the print out of duly filled in application forms along with the e-chalan receipt and self attested copies of important certificates as proof of age, qualifications and community to the Head of the Department/Co-ordinator/Director so as to reach on or before due date.
- Note the online Registration I.D. Number for downloading PG entrance exam hall tickets. This Registration number should also be kept by the candidate in all future communications.
Candidates have to pay fee of Rs.300/- (Rs.100/ for candidates belonging to SC/ST category) as necessary application fee. Fee should be submitted to Calicut University Fund by e-payment (SBT online/ Friends/Akshaya e-chalan/ SBT e-chalan). Candidate need to submit separate application fee for different courses.
To make payment, click on “fee remittance” link in the Admission Website or the link “Instant Web Payment System” available in the Official Website of the University i.e. www.universityofcalicut.info. Select the accurate purpose of payment while processing the e-challan.
Important dates (Tentative)
|Availability of online application starts from||April 2017|
|Last date for the submission of online application||May 2017|