Chitkara University Admission 2017: Applications will be invited by Chitkara University for Admission to undergraduate Programmes in various streams as listed below for academic year 2017. Interested and eligible candidates can apply as per prescribed schedule.
Courses/ faculties details
The University offers undergraduate programmes in following faculties.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering and Technology
- Information Technology
- Planning and architecture
- Business and accounting
- Hospitality and Management
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Allied Health Sciences
- Art & Design
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
Eligibility Criteria for Chitkara University Admission 2017
Eligibility for B.E program:
Interested candidates must have done class XII with scoring minimum aggregate of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Maths (as compulsory subjects) for admission to any one of the disciplines in engineering. It is necessary for the applicants to have qualified grade in each subject of qualifying examination.
Candidates appearing and pursuing in the qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 can also apply. However, they have to produce proof for having passed the qualifying examination and valid JEE Mains 2017 score card at the time of counseling, failing in which their candidature for admission will be cancelled.
Only applicants born on or after October 01, 1995 can apply
Eligibility for other UG courses
Candidates must be passed 10+2 in related stream with scoring minimum of 50% marks.
- 25% of the seats are kept for domicile applicants of Himachal Pradesh in Chitkara University Himachal Pradesh.
- 15% seats are completely reserved for the applicants of Punjab Domicile in Chitkara University, Punjab.
- The distribution of seats for the reserved categories (ST/ SC/ OBC/ Physically Handicapped/Others) will be as per the policy of the State Government.
Application Form: How to apply
Candidates can download their application form for different UG course from the official website of University i.e. www.chitkara.edu.in. Fill the application form carefully and correctly. They have to pay certain amount as applicable application fee either in cash or by Demand Draft in favour of “Chitkara University” payable at Chandigarh. Cheques will not be accepted.
Candidates need to affix the copies of the following documents should be attached with the admission form: –
- Mark Sheet and Certificate of Class X and Class XII
- Migration certificate from the school last attended
- Rank card of qualifying examination, if result is not announced then attach Admit
- Character certificate
- Medical fitness certificate
- Reserve category certificate, if applicable
Candidates should note that incomplete Admission forms will not be accepted.
Selected candidates will have to appear in the Counseling process personally on the scheduled date and. Failure which admission of candidate will be cancelled. The candidates will be required be present along with required documents as given in the information booklet at the time of counseling.
The admission will be done on the basis of merit rank of the candidate in the JEE-MAINS 2017.
Admissions will be made through merit based on the valid NATA score and marks obtained in the qualifying test in the ratio 50:50.
Admission to other graduation courses will be done through previous educational record and personal interview.
Distribution of seats
The seats in the various disciplines will be distributed based on merit- ranking of the applicant in the specified entrance exam subject to satisfying the minimum eligibility criteria for the course and the preferences given in the counseling form at the time of counseling.