Current Affairs 17th August 2016-Daily GK Updates, Today Important Questions Answers, Today Current GK 17th August
Hey Friends welcome to our educational portal of Mission Naukri; All the Job seekers who are Current Affairs 17th August 2016 preparing for the competition Examination 2016. Current Affairs 17th August 2016, Government Jobs Current GK 17th August. Participants can get the latest updates of Current GK August 2016 from this post; we are providing the updates of Today or Daily GK Quiz August 2016, Current Affairs 17th August 2016, Today Important Questions and Latest GK Questions Answers Today with their description. Here we also covering the current highlight topics for discussion like as national & international affairs, trades/economics, award, books, sports fields. We suggest all the Job seekers; visit this page and get the latest 17th August Current Affairs 2016.
Current Affairs 17th August 2016
- Kashmir Two soldiers, one policeman killed as militants attack army convoy in Baramulla
- COOL 1 LeEco, Coolpad Launch Cool1 Dual With Dual Rear Cameras, 4060mAh Battery
- CLRI – A P J Abdul Kalam Award P Shanmugam who is the Principal Scientist (CLRI) Central Leather Research Institute has bagged the Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Award. He was awarded for his meritorious services in the Higher Education Department of Tamil Nadu (TN). Jayalalitha, the chief minister, has presented the award. He was awarded 8 grams gold and 5 lakh cheque.
- Tata AutoComp TitanX which is a leading global engine cooling supplier acquired by the Tata AutoComp Systems. It is the Tata Group-owned auto-component conglomerate. It is currently owned by the EQT Opportunity & Fourier transform. The engine & powertrain were supplied by the TitanX to the vehicle industry having plants across North America, South America, Europe and China with sales of approximately $200 million.
- BIO-CNG plant India’s first ever BIO-CNG plant producing CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) from agricultural residue was inaugurated in Pune
- Usain Bolt is the first man to win the third consecutive Olympic title in the men’s 100 metre event
- PM Narendra Modi has announced 20% hike in pension of freedom fighters and museums would be established in different states from Red Fort on 70th Independence Day. Those who are receiving Rs.25,000 will now get Rs.30,000.
- NPS the retail segment of National Pension Scheme (NPS) has grown by over 100% over the past one year. The new provision to provide tax benefits up to 40% of maturity of investment has drawn a lot of retail investors to the NPS schemes. Assets under management of NPS has reached 1.38 trillion rupees out of which Rs. 3 thousand crore are of retail assets. Total subscribers number including those who had subscribed for NPS/ Swavalamban are more than the number of government employees who have subscribed for NPS.