CUSAT DAT 2017: Applications will be invited by Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) for admission to various academic courses of the University such as all Certificate / Diploma courses, MA Translation (German/Russian) and M. Phil. / M Tech/Ph D courses for the academic session 2017 through CUSAT DAT 2017. There can be DAT – Department Admission Test for M Tech courses also, if there will be insufficient number of applicants with GATE score.
Eligibility Criteria for CUSAT DAT 2017
For M.Tech Courses
Applicants without GATE Score will be considered only if adequate numbers of candidates with valid GATE rank are not available. Applicants without having a valid GATE score and sponsored students will have to apply for a Department Admission Test (DAT) organized in the allied/concerned department/ School.
For MPhil Courses
- Candidates willing to apply for Master of Philosophy degree course should have done a Master’s degree examination in the concerned subject of any of the Universities approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or an examination acknowledged by the Academic Council.
- Candidates must have obtained at least of 55% aggregate marks (or equivalent grade) in the examination.
- For M.Phil in Life Sciences the minimum qualifying marks will be 60%.
- Applicants who have done the Master’s degree examination in the Distance / Continuing Education mode will be eligible for admission only if their degree is recognized by IGNOU.
For Phd Courses
- For admission to Ph.D programme, candidates must hold a Master’s Degree from a recognized University with minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying examination, or a CGPA of 6.0 in the 10 point scale or an equivalent grade in similar scales.
- Candidates seeking registration will have to appear the Department Admission Test and qualify as per the rules laid down in the regulation.
- Applicants, who cleared national/state research fellowship with valid scores, in any of the national/state level eligibility exams organized by the agencies or by industries so recognized by the University, are excused from DAT.
- Teachers of Universities/ Teachers who are working in Quasi Government and the Government Institutions recognized by CUSAT and foreign nationals who have been sponsored under a scholarship scheme by the Government of India for going through Ph.D. programme in India, are also excused from provision Department admission Test.
Application Form: How to apply
Application form for will be available through offline mode. Candidates seeking admission to PhD / PDF / M Phil / MA Translation-German & Russian/ Diploma /Certificate courses need not submit online application form; they can get the printed application from the related Departments on request by paying the mandatory application fee through Demand Draft (DD), drawn in favour of “Registrar, CUSAT” payable at Ernakulam, either by post or directly
Fee payment mode for DAT Application
The payment can be made through demand draft for required amount drawn in favour of “Registrar, CUSAT” payable at Cochin, released by SBI or SBT only
Candidates must write his/her name and Application Number on upper left hand corner of the reverse side of the DD.
Candidates seeking admission to PhD courses must clear the DAT 2017 which will consist of following parts:
PART 1: Written Test (candidate must have scored at least 50% marks in written test to be eligible for admission)
Part 2: Interview
Important Dates (Tentative)
|Online registration begins from||January 2017|
|Issue and Receipt of DAT Application (PhD, M.Phil, Diploma Programs etc) at Departments /Schools concerned||January- February 2017|
|Admission to M.Tech courses through DAT Scores starts from||July 2017|