DAVV PhD /MPhil Admission 2017: Applications will be invited by Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya (DAVV), Indore from eligible candidates for admissions into Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and M.Phil Programmes under various disciplines for the academic year 2017. Interested and eligible candidates can apply as per prescribed schedule.
Eligibility Criteria for DAVV PhD /MPhil Admission 2017
Candidates are suggested to apply for admission only if he/she fulfils the prescribed eligibility conditions as listed below:
- A candidate seeking admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or M.Phil should hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in the related or allied subject with minimum of 55% marks (50% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/Physically disabled category).
- Candidates who are successfully qualified in NET (LS) for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Foreign Nationals with an International/National fellowship such as TWAS (Third world Academy of Science) will be excused from entrance exam for PhD but they have to come out for interview
- The GATE, NET or M.Phil qualify candidates are not excused from the entrance test for admission in Ph.D programme.
- For M.Phil programme 20% seats are kept for the applicants who qualify UGC/CSIR (JRF) Exam / NET/ GATE/ SLET/ JEST/Teacher fellowship holders and are excused from entrance exam only for M.Phil admission.
Application Form: How to apply?
Aspirants who want to get admission in PhD and M.Phil Programme, through entrance test or who are excused from entrance test or those who are already registered or awarded PhD will be needed to submit applications on prescribed form available online through official website of University i.e. www.dauniv.ac.in. Candidates need to send duly filled application form along with application fee of Rs.1000/- in the form of a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of “Registrar, DAVV, Indore” payable at Indore.
Candidates can also download the Application form from the university website www.dauniv.ac.in
Completed application forms in all respects along with relevant documents should reach “The Registrar, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya”, RNT Marg, Indore – 452001 before due date.
Examination details for DAVV PhD /MPhil Admission 2017
- The Entrance exam will consist of one Multiple Choice Objective (MCQ) Type Paper containing 100 questions of one mark.
- The questions in the test will cover all the basic papers of the allied Post Graduate course.
- The duration of exam will be 2 hours
- There will be no negative marking in the entrance test
Applicants will be generally admitted through an entrance test followed by an interview. In order to clear the PhD Entrance test, candidates need to obtain at least of 50% marks (45% for candidates from SC/ST/Physically Handicapped category) while for M.Phil admission, the minimum passing marks are 40% (35% for SC/ST category).
The list of the candidates who successfully qualify the entrance test along with other eligible candidates (20% seats are reserved for the applicants who qualify NET / UGC/CSIR (JRF) Exam / SLET / JEST / GATE/ Teacher fellowship holders for M.Phil) for PhD and MPhil admission will be informed separately for interview.
Important dates (Tentative)
|End date for the submission of application form||August 2017|
|Date of entrance examination||September 2017|
|Result will be announced on||September 2017|
|DRCs for different courses||September 2017|
|Classes will begin from||October 2017|
For more news and updates, stay tuned with us.