People looking for jobs through GATE 2017 in PSUs must have a look at this article about GATE PSU Cut Off. Since, PSUs only give a chance to the top rankers cracking PSU through gate becomes very important. The GATE rank for PSU becomes an important topic for debate when the question is about interviews is raised. This article gives comprehensive details about PSU recruitment through GATE and the Major PSUs using the GATE score.
People preparing for GATE 2017 and looking for GATE PSU Cut Off might find the following information helpful:
Which companies come under PSU?
A state-owned enterprise in India is called a public sector undertaking (PSU) or a public sector enterprise. These companies are owned by the union government of India, or one of the many state or territorial governments, or both. PSUs may be classified as Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs), public sector banks (PSBs) or State Level Public Enterprises (SLPEs). CPSEs are administered by the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises.
Why gate is required to enter in PSUs?
At present around 50 PSUs including BHEL, Indian Oil Corporation, NTPC, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre are using the GATE score. GATE registration number is required for applying to jobs in various PSUs. Even though you may not be interested for post graduate studies (ME/M.Tech) after your BE/B.Tech, you have to apply and appear for GATE exam to get these jobs.
Therefore it becomes essential to analyze the cutoff scores for these PSUs. The GATE PSU Cut Off depend solely on the company policy and various factors. It is to be understood that the GATE cutoff scores will also differ from discipline to discipline.
|* The GATE Ranks are mentioned and not scores|
|NBCC||Civil||60 & above||45 & above||45 & above||45 & above||–|
|S & T||69.41||–||–||47.96||–|
The GATE cutoff required are on the higher side and only candidates who are in the top ranks stand a chance of being called for interviews. The number of candidates who are called for interviews are around 4 times more than the actual requirement. This is because only the top rankers get to choose the company they will join and therefore the PSUs call a large number of candidates for the interviews.
Some other companies that recruit through GATE are:
- AAI (Airport Authority of India)
- BBNL (Bharat Broadband Network Ltd)
- BPCL (Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited)
- CEL (Central Electronics Limited)
- CIL (Coal India Limited)
- GAIL (Gas Authority of India)
- GSECL (Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Ltd)
- HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited)
- IOCL (Indian Oil Corporation Ltd)
- IRCON (Ircon International Limited)
- MDL (Mazagon Dock Limited)
- NBCC (National Buildings Construction Corporation)
- NFL (National Fertilizers Limited)
- NHPC (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation)
- NLC (Neyveli Lignite Corporation)
- NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation)
- ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation)
- OPGC (Odisha Power Generation Corporation)
- PSPCL (Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd)
- RITES Limited
- THDC (Tehri Hydro Development Corporation)
- Vizag Steel Plant
We hope this article about Gate PSU Cut Off has steered your head in the right direction. Share this article on Gate Cut Off for PSU with people who are preparing for GATE 2017. Mission Naukri helps people prepare and excel in GATE Exam, join the community of 3 lakh students and learn how to crack GATE.