JEE Advanced Examination is one of the most sought examinations for engineering aspirants after 12th. It is a national level examination and only candidates those have appeared the JEE Main examination and scored the prescribed marks in JEE Main Result can appear the JEE Advanced examination as the 2nd phase on JEE examination for admission to engineering streams offered by the top IITs of India. It is confirmed that the JEE Advanced 2016 was conducted by the IIT, Guwahati.
Admission through JEE Advanced 2016
Indian Institutes of Technology are institutions of national importance established through an Act of Parliament for fostering excellence in education. There are sixteen IITs at present, located at Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Mandi, Mumbai, Patna, Ropar, Roorkee and Varanasi These institutes, along with Indian School of Mines ( ISM ), Dhanbad, play a leading role in technological manpower development.
The admissions to the Undergraduate Programs for the academic year 2016 – 2017 for all Indian and Foreign nationals at these institutions are made through the JEE Advanced 2016 M. Sc. Integrated courses in pure and applied sciences and M.Tech. Integrated courses in few disciplines are also offered by many of these institutes. In addition, most institutes offer Dual Degree M.Tech. programs wherein both B.Tech. and M.Tech. degrees are awarded at the end of the program.
Seat Reservation Policy :
The following reservation policy is followed for admission to various courses : 27% seats are reserved for OBC ( non-creamy layer ) 15% for SC and 7.5% for ST category candidates. Allotment of seats to qualified persons with Physical Disabilities ( PwD ) belonging to different categories, i. e., GE, OBC ( NCL ), SC, and ST will be made category-wise in JEE Advanced 2016. Up to 3% of the total seats available in each category in each of the institutes will be made available to the PwD candidates.
These seats will be allotted to PwD candidates according to their categories, ranks in the category-wise PwD merit list and the choice sheet of courses submitted. As the allotment of a seat in every course in every institute to PwD candidates will lead to more than 3% reservation, the PwD seats will be allotted to different categories over the years on a roster basis. This year, the seats available to PwD candidates belonging to different categories.
Two seats are available for preferential allotment in each institute for children of defence / paramilitary personnel killed or permanently disabled in action during war or peace time operations ( DS ). Candidates claiming a DS seat should submit the original certificate issued by the competent authority in the Directorate of Resettlement and Rehabilitation, New Delhi under the Ministry of Defence or Ministry of Home affairs, Government of India.
Candidates shortlisted for counselling to the IITs / ISM Dhanbad will pass through following stages, namely :
- Online registration
- Online choice filling
- Online seat allotment
- Online Provisional admission ( Candidates must physically present at the respective zonal IITs for certificate verification and fee payment )
In addition, Candidates shortlisted for counselling and desirous of joining the B.Arch. course ( Codes : G5101 and R5101 ) will be required to qualify in an Architecture Aptitude Test ( AAT 2016 ). The AAT 2016 will be held on May, 2016 at seven Zonal IITs ( Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee ).
Candidates who have appeared for both papers will be considered for rank list. Rank list will be prepared as per to the marks scored by the candidates in JEE Advanced paper. The marks secured by the candidate in physics will be equal to the marks secured by the candidates in physics of both papers (paper 1 + paper 2). This criterion will be same for mathematics and chemistry subjects. There is not any provision of waiting list for ranking.
JEE Advanced 2016 – Important Instructions
Prohibited Items: Candidates should not bring any of the prohibited items to the examination center.
No Watch: Candidates cannot bring any type of watch inside the examination center. Invigilators will announce the time for every half-an-hour during the examination.
Biometric Data: Biometric data (digital photo and finger prints) of all the candidates will be collected inside the examination hall just before the start of the examination in both morning and afternoon session.
Reporting Time: Candidates must report at the examination center before 07:30 hrs IST for Paper 1 and before 13:00 hrs IST for Paper 2. Biometric data collection will start inside the examination halls at 07:30 hrs IST for Paper 1 and at 13:00 hrs IST for Paper 2.
Late Entry NOT Allowed: Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination center after scheduled start of the examination, i.e., after 09:00 hrs IST for Paper 1 and after 14:00 hrs IST for Paper 2.
Physical Frisking: The candidates are requested to cooperate for physical frisking at the examination centre. They are requested to report at the examination center well in advance to avoid any delay.
Important Date (Announced)
- Online registrations start – 29th April 2016 (10 AM to 5 PM)
- Online registrations end – 4th May 2016 (10 AM to 5 PM)
- Online Admit Card available – 11th May to 22nd May 2016 (till 9 AM)
- JEE Advanced 2016 Exam Date (for Paper 1 & 2) – 22nd May 2016
- Online display of ORS and scanned responses – 01-06-2016 to 04-06-2016
- Online display of answer keys – 05-06-2016
- Feedback and comments on answer keys from the candidates – 05-06-2016 to 07-06-2016
- Online declaration of results – 12-06-2016
- Online registration for Architecture Aptitude Test – 12-06-2016 to 13-06-2016
- Architecture Aptitude Test – 15-06-2016
- Declaration of results of AAT – 19-06-2016
- Seat Allotment – 20-06-2016 to 19-07-2016
- The top 2 lakh candidates of JEE Main will be eligible for appearing the JEE Advanced 2016 exams.
- The candidates must be born after 1st October 1991 for General and OBC – Non Creamy layer. For SC, ST and handicapped categories the candidates must be born before 1st October 1996.
- The candidates can avail the JEE Advanced in two consecutive years after cracking the JEE Main.
- The JEE Advanced appearing candidates must have passed the 12th or equivalent exam in the year 2015 or 2016 in one attempt.
- Candidates who have passed 12th or equivalent exam for the first time in 2014 or earlier are not eligible to apply.
- Students whose class 12th or equivalent results for the academic year 2013-14 were declared after June 2014 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates whose admission in IITs or ISM was cancelled are also not eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have secured 75% aggregate marks (for general candidate) and 75% aggregate marks (for reserved category).
- Candidates should come within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in the 12th or equivalent exam.
- If candidates have appeared in the 12th or equivalent examination for the first time in 2015 and wish to (or has to) reappear in 2016, should reappear in all the subjects.