JoSAA counselling 2017 will be organized after the announcement of JEE Advanced result and JEE Main (AIR). JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is a counselling authority which is set up by the MHRD (Ministry of Human Resources Development). JoSAA conducts and manages all the counselling related activities for admissions in IITs, ISM, NITs, IIITs, NSITs and other GFTIs. Here we are providing details about JoSAA 2017 Counselling including dates and procedure.
JoSAA Counselling 2017
After the announcement of the JEE Advanced result & JEE Main (AIR), the JoSAA 2017 counselling will be started. Only those candidates will be able to participate in the counselling process who have secured rank in the rank list. The counselling process will be started from the fourth week of June 2017. Registration, filling & locking choices, seat acceptance fee payment process will be done via online mode. Document verification and other reporting process will be conducted through offline mode.
JoSAA Counselling Schedule
Here we have mentioned the tentative schedule of JoSAA Counselling 2017:
|Registration & filling choices||Fourth week of June 2017|
|Display of mock seat allocation||Last week of June 2017|
|Last date for registration & filling choices||Last week of June 2017|
|Reconcile of data, allocate seats, verify & validate||Last week of June 2017|
|1st round seat allocation||Last week of June 2017|
|1st round seat acceptance||Four to five days (first week of July 2017)|
|Display of seats availability||After 1st round seat acceptance|
|2nd round seat allocation||After 1st round seat acceptance|
|2nd round withdrawal/acceptance of seats||Two or three days (second week of July 2017)|
|Display of seats availability||After 2nd round seat acceptance|
|3rd round seat allocation||After 2nd round seat acceptance|
|3rd round withdrawal/acceptance of seats||Two or three days (third week of July 2017)|
|Display of seats availability||After 3rd round seat acceptance|
|4th round seat allocation||After 3rd round seat acceptance|
|4th round acceptance of seats||One or two days (fourth week of July 2017)|
JoSAA Counselling Procedure
The JoSAA Counselling 2017 has been divided into various steps. Here we have mentioned the step by step counselling process:
Step-1: Filling Choices
Candidates are required to login to the JoSAA portal with their JEE Main 2017 roll number and password. No fee shall be charged for filing the choices. Candidates have to fill the choices under the prescribe date. Students don’t forget to lock their filled choices before submitting. In case of candidates forget to lock their choices, last saved choices will be locked automatically.
Step-2: Provisional Offer of Seats & Confirmation
Candidates can check the seats allotment through the website. Once the candidate has been allotted a seat, candidates are needed to download the provisional seat allocation letter and pay the seat acceptance fee. The seat acceptance fee will be Rs. 20,000/- for SC, ST, Gen-PwD, SC-PwD, ST-PwD and OBC-NCL-PwD categories and Rs. 45,000/- for all other categories. Fee payment can be made using SBI net banking or e-challan. Seats will be confirmed after the verification of documents. Candidates who reject the allotted seats are not eligible for further rounds. Seat acceptance fee will be refunded to candidates in case of not appearing at the reporting centre.
Step-3: Document Verification
Students are needed to appear at the reporting centre for document verification process. Candidates have to report to the centre at the prescribed date & time. The list of document verification centre will be published through the website. Don’t forget to bring the required original documents along with the photocopies. In case of candidate fails to produce the documents, the allotted seat will be cancelled.
In case candidates have selected the float option and they have allotted a better seat in the further counselling rounds, then the candidates are needed to report again for document verification and seat acceptance.
Step-4: Reporting at the Admitting Institution
After completing the seat allocation, seat acceptance and document verification process, candidates are required to report to the allotted college or university. After reporting, students have to complete further admission formalities to confirm admission.
Other Counselling Process
Freeze, Float and Slide Options:
- Freeze: Students who accept the allotted seats and do not want to participate in further counselling rounds.
- Float: Students accept the allotted seats and also looking for admission to a better preference, they will accept it. Such aspirants will be considered for further counselling rounds.
- Slide: Candidates accept the allotted seats and also seeking for admission to an academic programme of better preferences within the same college or institution. Candidates will be considered for further admission process.
- Candidates can make changes from float to slide/ free and slide, etc. by reporting to the reporting centre.
- Changes cannot be made in the last round of seat allocation.
- Slide and float option will be given only for those candidates who have not offered admission to their first preference.
Seat Withdraw Process:
- Students who have already accepted a seat, can withdraw the accepted seat by appearing at the reporting centre before the last round.
- After choosing the withdraw option, the candidate will not be permitted to participate in further admission rounds.
- Seat acceptance fee will be refunded to students after deducting Rs.1000/- processing charge.
- Candidates can not withdraw seats after the announcement of last round seat allocation.
- To withdraw seats, candidates have to fill their bank account details & upload an image of cancelled cheque (same account) in jpg format and download the withdrawal request letter.
- The letter should be duly signed by the candidates and their parents and report to the reporting centre.
Changes in 12th class Marks:
- Through the revision of marks, if students become eligible for admission such candidates have to report to the reporting centre with the revised mark sheet. Such candidates will be allotted seats in the subsequent round (for IITs and ISM).
- For other institutions, in case of change in 10+2 marks, students have to contact with the JEE Apex Board for the modified JEE Main AIR.
Documents Required for Verification
Here we are providing a list of required documents at the time of JoSAA Counselling 2017:
- Provisional Seat Allocation Letter.
- Admit card and rank card of the entrance examination.
- 10th class mark sheet & passing certificate.
- 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate.
- Medical examination report.
- Category certificate (if applicable).
- PwD certificate (if applicable).