KAU PG/PhD Admission 2017: Applications will be invited by Kerala Agricultural University (KAU), Thrissur from eligible candidates for admission to two years PG Programmes and three year Phd courses for the academic year 2017. Candidates seeking admission in PG /PhD from KAU can apply as per prescribed schedule.
Eligibility Criteria for KAU PG/PhD Admission 2017
Candidates must satisfy prescribed eligibility criteria before applying KAU PG/PhD Admission 2017. The required eligibility conditions are as follows:
For PhD Course (except in Home Science and Rural Marketing Management)
- Candidate must have done Master’s Degree in the related discipline/subject from the faculty concerned of KAU or a recognized equivalent qualification with minimum OGPA of 7.0/10.0 for general category and 6.5/10.0 for candidates from SC/ST category.
- A basic degree in Agriculture /Horticulture /Agriculture Engineering /Forestry is must for all courses except Home Science and Rural Marketing Management.
For Phd in Home Science
Candidate seeking admission in to Ph.D in Home Science should have done M Sc. in Home Science with specialization in Food Science and Nutrition / M Sc. in Food Science and Nutrition recognized by KAU with minimum OGPA of 7.0/10.0 or 60% marks for general category and 6.5/10.0 or 50% marks for candidates from SC/ST category under traditional system.
For PhD in Rural Marketing Management
Candidate seeking admission in to Ph.D in Rural Marketing Management must hold a Master’s Degree in the respective area /related discipline from the faculty concerned of KAU or a recognized equivalent qualification with at least OGPA of 7.0/10.0 for general category and 6.5/10.0 for candidates from SC/ST category or MBA (ABM) with an OGPA of 7.0/10.0 (6.5/10.0 for candidates belonging to SC/ST category).
Eligibility Criteria for PG Courses
For M.Sc (Ag./ Hort.)
Candidate must have Bachelor’s degree in the respective subject/ equivalent degree recognized by KAU with minimum OGPA of 7.00/10.00 (6.50/10.00 for candidates belonging to SC/ST category).
For M Sc. Home Science (FS&N)
Candidate should hold a bachelor degree in Home Science/ Family and Community Science with minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university or B Sc. (Hons) Agriculture of KAU or equivalent.
M Sc. (Agriculture Statistics)
- Applicants should hold a degree in Agriculture or equivalent recognized by KAU with an OGPA of 7.00/10.00 (6.50/10.00 for candidates from SC/ST category).
- Candidates, who have done B Sc Mathematics/Statistics with minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university, can also apply.
M Sc. (C&B)
Candidates having B Sc. (Hons) C& B degree of the KAU or equivalent degrees recognized by KAU with minimum OGPA of 7.00/10.00 (6.50/10.00 for SC/ST category) are eligible to apply.
M Sc. (Forestry)
- Candidates having basic degree in Forestry/ Horticulture/ Agriculture/ B.V.Sc & A.H (for Wildlife Science only) or equivalent degree recognized by KAU with minimum OGPA of 7.00/10.00 (6.50/10.00 for candidates belonging to SC/ST category) are eligible to apply.
- Candidates having higher Grade Certificate from Ranger’s College or with Diploma in Forestry from State Forest College/Indian Forest College, Dehradun are also eligible to apply.
Eligibility for M.Tech (Agriculture Engineering)
Candidates having a bachelor degree in Agricultural Engineering/Food Engineering or equivalent degree recognized by KAU with minimum OGPA of 7.00/10.00 (6.50/10.00 for candidates belonging to SC/ST category) are eligible to apply for admission.
Reservation of seats
- 25% from the total seats will be reserved for the eligible candidates sponsored by the ICAR based on All India Entrance exam to be organized by them
- One seat for each M.Sc. (Ag) (SS & AC) and M.Sc (Agriculture) (Agri Extension) will be reserved for the candidate belonging to the Union Territory of Lakshadweep provided that the entire expenditure on matter of this is fulfill by the Union Territory of Lakshadweep.
Application Form: How to apply
Application Form and Prospectus for Admission to the PG/PhD can be downloaded from the KAU official website www.admissions.kau.in (after release of official notification). The candidate should register in the website by entering some basic details. After successful registration, they will be allowed access and fill up the application form. Fill mandatory fields carefully and correctly. Submit the duly filled online application. Candidates are needed to take the print out of application form completed in all respects and forward the same along with required documents and applicable application fee to the Registrar, Kerala Agricultural University, Main Campus, KAU P.O., Thrissur, Kerala – 680 656.
The printed hard copy of application form and other important documents must reach the University on or before due date. The online application will be applicable only if the University gets hard copy of the application and other documents within the specific time.
Candidates are needed to pay Rs 1000/ (Rs 500/for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (native of Kerala only)) as required application fee.
Candidates are needed to pay Rs 1500/ (Rs 750/for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (native of Kerala only)) as required application fee.
For Masters Degree courses the university will be organized entrance examination of two hours duration. The questions in the entrance exam will be objective multiple choice answer type.
Applicants will be considered for admission only if they obtain at least of 40% marks (35% for candidates from SC/ST category) in the entrance examination.
For PhD Admission
The selection of candidates for Ph.D courses will be made based on overall assessment of merit in the entrance exam followed by interview.
The result of candidates selected for admission to PG/PhD courses along with the dates on which they have to remit the fees and join the course will be published on the KAU official website.
Important dates (Tentative)
|Official admission notification will be announced on||June, 2017|
|Last date for the submission of online application form||July, 2017|
|Last date for the receiving of hard copy of application form||July, 2017|
|Release of the admit card for common written examination for M Sc./ Interview for Ph.D||August, 2017|
|Date of PG Written exam||August, 2017|
|Rank list for PG Courses announced on||August, 2017|
|Admission date for PG courses||August, 2017|
|Admission date for PhD courses||August, 2017|
|ICAR candidates admission date for PG/PHD Courses||September, 2017|
|Classes begins from||September, 2017|