Some Major Government Agriculture Colleges in Rajasthan :
- Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture & Technology, Udaipur-1962
- Rajasthan University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Bikaner-2010
- Swami Keshwanand Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner-2009
- School of Agriculture & Veterinary Sciences, Rajasthan-1956
- Bachelor of Sciencein Agriculture, Ajmer-1942
- College of Agriculture & Research, Jaipur-1998
- Agriculture College, CH. Parma Ram Godara Shikshan Santhan, Rajasthan-2004
It is advisable to choose an institution which is a member of the Indian Agricultural Universities Association(IAUA), established to promote agriculture research and education in india.
The Entrance Exam:
The Indian Council of Agriculture Research ( ICAR),NEW-DELHI conducts the All India Entrance Examination for entry to 15% of the total number of seats in graduate courses in state Agriculture Universities, and Central Agriculture University, Imphal and 100% seats in National Dairy Research Institute, karnal Admission is solely based on the entrance test; there are no interviews and group discussions. Through this entrance exam includes subjects like. Agriculture, Horticulture, Fisheries Science, Forestry, Home Science, Sericulture, Veterinary Science, Agriculture Engineering and Dairy Technology.
For B.SC Agriculture students who have passed 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry and Biology are eligible to apply for an undergraduate course in Agriculture. Certain colleges /entrance exams have a cut-off of 50% marks in Physics, chemistry and Biology in 10 + 2. Eligible Candidates should qualify entrance examinations held at state and national level for admission.
The B.SC (Ag) degree in India typically a 4 year course under credit based semester system. The curriculum is very broad and inter-disciplinary consisting of courses in Agronomy, Horticulture, plant, pathology, Entomology, Agriculture Economics, Extension Education, Genetics and plant Breeding, Soil Science, Food technology, Animal Husbandry and nutrition.