M.G University PG CAP Admission 2017: Applications will be invited by Mahatma Gandhi University (M.G.U) for admission to post graduate courses through Centralised Allotment Process (CAP) in the affiliated Colleges / Constituent Colleges for the academic session 2017. Interested and eligible candidates can apply as per prescribed schedule.
Eligibility Criteria for M.G University UG CAP Admission 2017
Eligibility Criteria in General
- Applicants must have done the equivalent Degree Examination under the 10 + 2 + 3 pattern with one core/main subject and two corresponding/additional subjects from any of the Universities in Kerala or of any other University recognized by Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU) as equivalent thereto for admission, dependent on the requirement regarding marks
- Applicants who have done Degree examination with Double or Triple main subject and candidates who have qualified the Degree Examination in Vocational or Specialized courses are also eligible for admission. Provided, they should submit copy of the Equivalency/Eligibility Certificate from Mahatma Gandhi University, representing that, their Qualifying Examination is recognized for seeking admission to the related Post graduate Degree Course(s) as applicable, at the time of admission. This stipulation is not valid in the case of those candidates who have done their qualifying examination from Mahatma Gandhi University.
Application Form: How to apply?
The candidates need submit only a single application form for applying online for PG Degree Programmes admission (to all courses) in various affiliated colleges.
If an applicant submits more than one application his/her candidature will accountable to be cancelled.
Candidates have to pay Rs 700/ (Rs 350/ for candidates belonging to SC/ST Category) as required application fee.
Online Registration Process
- For online registration, the candidates must visit the website i.e. www.mgu.ac.in and click on the link “PG CAP 2017”
- Follow the given instructions and fill in the required details in the relevant fields.
- Create your password. The login password created by you should not be open to others who may mistreat it. It may result in hindering of the options and the University will not be liable for any such prospect
- Pay the necessary application fee by clicking on the “PAY NOW” link. You can make the payment online by using Debit Card/ Credit Card or Internet Banking facility.
- Fill in the Application Form with required personal details, academic eligibility and other options properly
- Verify with the applicable documents and recheck the details entered online.
- Take the print out of duly filled up application for future use. The applicant can check the print out and make modifications/ corrections if any, at the time of trial allotment.
Admission and distribution of seats under merit quota is directed by centralized allotment process (CAP). Selection of candidates to any affiliated college will be based on their rank/score and availability of seats.
While candidates from reserved category selected to admission on the basis of their merit will have the choice of getting enrolled to the colleges where a particular number of seats have been kept reserved category, but while calculating the percentage of reservation they will be deemed to have been enrolled as an open category candidate.
M.G University PG CAP Important dates (Tentative)
|1.||Online availability of application forms begins from||August 2017|
|2.||Online registration starts from||August 2017|
|3.||Release of provisional rank list and trial allotment||August 2017|
|4.||Date for Data modification/changes if any||August 2017|
|5.||First allotment will be held on||September 2017|
|6.||Submission of fee and reporting for admission in Colleges (1st allotment)||September 2017|
|7.||Second allotment will be held on||September 2017|
|8.||Submission of fee and reporting for admission in Colleges (2nd allotment)||September 2017|
|9.||Third allotment will be held on||September 2017|
|10.||Submission of fee and reporting for admission in Colleges (3nd allotment)||September 2017|
|11.||Classes will begin from||September 2017|
|12.||Closing date for admission||November 2017|
|13.||End date for the admission of admitted candidates in the online admission portal||November 2017|