M.G University Ph.D Admission 2017: Applications will be invited by Mahatma Gandhi University (M.G.U) for admission to Phd courses through Written Aptitude Test (PhD WAT) for the academic session 2017. The Written Aptitude Test is conducted for all the candidates who want to apply for Ph.D. admission in the University Departments/ Schools/Inter University Centres and approved Research Centres.
Eligibility Criteria for M.G University Ph.D Admission 2017
Aspirants need to satisfy prescribed eligibility conditions before applying admission to PhD course at M.G. University, Kerala. The required eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Applicants who have qualified the Post-Graduate examination in any stream of Mahatma Gandhi University or any other Universities recognized as eligible thereto, obtaining at least of 55% marks in the aggregate, are eligible to apply for the Written Aptitude Test.
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST category the minimum marks required for application is 50% in the aggregate in the PG Examination.
- Applicants awaiting results of their Post Graduation Examinations can also apply, but they will qualify the PG Degree on or before the scheduled date.
- All the applicants who want to apply for Ph.D. admission in the University Departments/Schools/ Inter University Centres and approved Research Centres apart from those who are let off have to appear for the Written Aptitude Test.
Exemption from the Written Aptitude Test will be given under following conditions:
- UGC Teacher Fellows
- JRF awardees
- Phil and M.Tech (all stream), MD & MS (Modern Medicine, Ayurveda and Homoeopathy) Degree holders in the subject of research concerned
- Candidates who have qualified in the GATE/SLET/ NET/ GPAT,JEST,RGNF or other entrances organized by such Government bodies as CSIR, UGC, ICMR/ ICAR
- DST Women Scientist Awardees
- Regular and permanent teachers from the University Departments and the Government/Aided Colleges/institutes affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University
- Scientists from the Accredited R & D Institutions
- INSPIRE/ KSCST/MANF Fellowship Awardees
Application Form: How to apply?
- Candidates can apply for WAT 2017 online. The application form will be available online through the official website of the Mahatma Gandhi University i.e. (www.mgu.ac.in) as per scheduled date.
- Candidates have to pay an application fee of Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- for candidates belonging to SC/ST category). The mode of payment of the application fee is Online only.
- Fee once submitted will not be refunded under any situations.
- Candidates should fill all mandatory fields completely.
- Upload the required Documents
- Candidates have to upload the scanned picture and signature as per given format.
- Submit the duly filled in Application form
- Take the system Generated printout and send to university with all the relevant documents such as Self attested photocopies of the PG Degree/ Provisional Certificate and the P.G. secured Mark list, Caste Certificate (in case applicable), Eligibility Certificate for candidates of Universities other than Mahatma Gandhi University etc.
The duration of Written Aptitude Test (WAT) for Phd admission will be two hours. The exam has two parts as follows:
Part – A
This part will consist of a total of 50 objective type questions with four multiple choices for 50 marks. Each right answer will be rewarded with one mark.
This part contains a total of 14 short answer questions. Out of which candidates have to answer 10 questions. Each right answer will be rewarded with 3 marks.
WAT 2017 – Important dates (Tentative)
|Date for availability for Online Registration||April 2017|
|Closing date of registration process||April 2017|
|End date for receiving Printout of the application from along with the photocopies of the documents uploaded||April 2017|
|Date for Downloading hall tickets||June 2017|
|Date of Conduct of Written Aptitude Test (WAT)||July 2017|