M.G University UG CAP Admission 2017: Applications will be invited by Mahatma Gandhi University (M.G.U) for admission to Undergraduate courses through Centralised Allotment Process (CAP) in the affiliated Colleges / Constituent Colleges for the academic session 2017. Interested and eligible candidates can apply as per prescribed schedule.
Eligibility Criteria for M.G University UG CAP Admission 2017
For BA Degree programmes
Admission to all BA Degree course under the faculties of Fine Arts, Language & Literature, and Social Sciences will be open only to applicants who have done 10+2 or equivalent examination or an examination recognized by this University as equivalent thereto.
For B.sc Degree programmes
Admission to all B.Sc Degree course under the various faculties will be open only to applicants who have qualified the 10+2 or equivalent examination or an examination recognized by this University as equivalent thereto with the Main subject they intend to pursue the B.Sc. programme as one of the subjects.
For Bachelor of Physical Education
- Candidates will be needed to have qualified the 12th/equivalent examination recognized by the University irrespective of the subjects/disciplines or SSLC or equivalent examination with a certificate in Physical Education of minimum 2 years duration from a recognized institution of Physical Education.
- Candidate must be physically fit for the regular work of the physical exercise and should not have any physical irregularity and psychological disability which stops him/her from energetically participation in physical activities.
For Bachelor of Commerce
Candidates who have done 10+2 or equivalent examination recognized by this University with Book-Keeping and Accountancy and any two of the following subjects i.e. Commercial Correspondence and Commercial Geography / Commerce / Economics / Banking with Secretarial Practice / Life Insurance with Salesmanship / Business Studies / Computer Science& Computer applications / Mathematics / Informatics Practice& Management / Management/ Informatics Practice / Accountancy as optional under Part 3 of the Examination.
Candidates, who have done 12th or equivalent examination recognized by this University with other subjects under Part 3 optional subjects, provided they have obtained at least of 45% aggregate marks.
Application Form: How to apply?
The candidates need submit only a single application form for applying online for UG Degree Programmes admission (to all courses) in various affiliated colleges for allowing them in the Open/Reservation Quota except cultural quota/ sports quota/Lakshadweep quota, staff quota in the constituent colleges of the University and persons with Disabilities (PD) quota.
If an applicant submits more than one application his/her candidature will accountable to be cancelled.
Online Registration Process
Follow the given instructions and fill in the required details in the relevant fields.
- The login password created by you should not be open to others who may mistreat it. It may result in hindering of the options and the University will not be liable for any such prospect
- Generate a Challan print out
- The Challan comprise of an ‘Application number’ the application number will have to be kept safe by the applicant for all future online and offline operations
- Come up to the closest SBT branch prescribed in the CAP portal along with the Challan print out and the submit the required fee
- Collect the Challan copies holding the seal from bank
- Only after finishing this process, will the Application Number and password get activated
- Go to the login Panel in MGU CAP website and Use the activated Application Number as user name and formerly used password to login and access application form.
- Fill the Application form with mandatory personal details, academic eligibility and the options
- Verify with the relevant documents and confirm the details entered online
- Take the print out of filled up application for final submission to the University
- Send the signed application form along with copies of the important documents to “Assistant Registrar (Academic-II), MG University”, PD Hills, Kottayam-686560 through post or in person before due date.
- Write down “UGCAP 2017” on the top of the envelope
Candidates have to pay Rs 400/ (Rs 200/ for candidates belonging to SC/ST Category) as required application fee.
Admission and distribution of seats under merit quota is directed by centralized allotment process (CAP). Selection of candidates to any affiliated college will be based on their rank/score and availability of seats.
UG CAP 2017 – Important dates (Tentative)
|1.||Online availability of Application forms will start from||May 2017|
|2.||End date for the online payment of application fee||June 2017|
|3.||Closing date for Online Candidate Registration||June 2017|
|4.||Release of Provisional Rank List and Trial Allotment||June 2017|
|5.||Date for Data modification/changes||June 2017|
|6.||First allotment will be held on||June 2017|
|7.||Submission of fee due to University at designated branches of SBT (1st allotment)||June 2017|
|8.||Reporting date for admission in Colleges||June 2017|
|9.||Second allotment will be held on||June 2017|
|10.||Submission of fee due to University at designated branches of SBT (2nd allotment)||June 2017|
|11.||Reporting for admission in colleges||June 2017|
|12.||Third Allotment will be held on||July 2017|
|13.||Submission of fee due to University at designated branches of SBT (3rd allotment)||July 2017|
|14.||Reporting for admission in colleges||July 2017|
|15.||Fourth Allotment will be held on||July 2017|
|16.||Submission of fee due to University at designated branches of SBT (4th allotment)||July 2017|
|17.||Reporting for admission in colleges||July 2017|
|18.||Closing date for admission||September 2017|
|19.||End date for the admission of admitted candidates in the online admission portal||September 2017|