Applications will be invited by North-Eastern Hill University Shillong from eligible candidates for admission to various UG/PG professional courses for academic year 2017. Interested and eligible candidates can apply as per prescribed schedule.
- B.Tech programme (Electronics Communication Engineering/Biomedical Engineering / Information Technology/Energy Engineering)
- B.Tech Lateral Entry
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
- B.A. LLB (Hons)
- MBA (Agri-Business & Food Technology)
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM)
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- M.Tech (Information Technology)
- PhD (Computer Application)
Eligibility criteria for NEHU Admission 2017
For B.Tech courses
- Applicants seeking admission in B.tech course under any stream should have done 10+2 in Science or its equivalent from any recognized Board with obtaining minimum of 45% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics and Biotechnology/ Chemistry/Biology/Technical professional subjects (there will be 5% relaxation for SC/ST category)
- Candidates must have valid positive JEE Main-2017 score
For B.Tech Lateral Entry (LE)
Applicants having three years Diploma in Engineering in the relevant stream/subject with at least of 60% marks in aggregate from any recognized university/institute through a minimum of 3 years of institutional study after class 10th/SSLC examination are eligible to apply for B.tech (LE) Admission 2017 into NEHU.
For BA LLB (Hons)
Applicants, who have done the Higher Secondary Exam (10+2) or its equivalent with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (45% for candidates belonging to SC/ST category) from a recognized University / Board, are eligible to apply.
For Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
- Candidates, who secured a minimum of 50%marks (45% for candidates from SC/ST category) in aggregate at the 12th or Higher Secondary or Equivalent with physics, Mathematics and Chemistry / Computer Science as subjects Or 10+3 years diploma with a minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST category) marks in aggregate in Civil Engineering / Architecture recognized by the Central/any State Govt are eligible to apply for B.Arch admission.
- Candidates must also have a valid National Aptitude Test of Architecture (NATA 2017) score.
For MBA (Agri-Business & Food Technology)
- A candidate, who passed B.Sc (Zoology, Life Sciences, Botany, Applied Chemistry, Chemistry, Micro-biology, Food Preservation, Bio-chemistry, Food Technology, and Agriculture) with minimum of 55% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ST Category) or any graduate in Agriculture Science/ Animal Husbandry/ Technology, will be eligible to apply for NEHU Master of Agri-business Management & Food Technology admission 2017
- Candidates seeking admission to MBA (Agri-business & Food Technology) are required to fill up the NEHU application form enclosing their valid MAT Score
For Master of Computer Application (MCA)
Candidates who have qualified Bachelor Degree of minimum three years duration by obtaining a minimum of 50% (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in aggregate from a recognized University or Institute and also having cleared Mathematics paper at 10+2 or graduation level are considered eligible for admission.
Master of Law (LLM)
Applicants should have done LLB or equivalent exam with minimum of 55% (50% for candidates from SC/ST Category).
Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM)
- Applicants having three years Bachelor’s Degree Course (10+2+3) or its equivalent in any stream from a recognized University/Institute with at least of 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent (45% for candidates belonging to SC/ST category) will generally be considered for admission.
- Candidates appearing/pursuing in the final exam and waiting their results may also apply
- Applicants should possess a valid Management Aptitude Test (MAT) score 2017 organized by All India Management Association. They are required to fill up the application form enclosing their valid MAT score.
M.Tech (Information Technology)
- Candidates who have done B.Tech/ BE in CSE/ IT/ EE/ ECE or MCA or M.Sc in Computer Science/Electronics with obtaining minimum of 60% aggregate marks (55% for SC/ST category candidates)
- GATE qualified applicants will be given preference
For M.Tech (Electronic Communication Engineering)
- Applicants who have done B.Tech/ B.E in EE/ ECE or M.Sc in Electronics with scoring at least of 60% aggregate marks (55% for candidates from SC/ST category).
- GATE qualified applicants will be given preference
PhD (Computer Application)
Candidates must have done Master’s degree in Computer application or equivalent examination with minimum qualifying marks.
Application Form: How to apply
Candidates can download the information booklet and prescribed Application Form from the University Website i.e. www.nehu.ac.in. Candidates are required to fill up the application form completely and correctly.
The payment of application Fee i.e. Rs.600/ (for general category) – and Rs.300/- (for SC/ST category) should be done online by using www.onlinesbi.com this link.
The filled-in application form along with a photo copy of the payment slip for the same amount can be submitted to the Heads of respective Departments NEHU, Permanent Campus, Mawkynroh-Umshing, Shillong-793022 or NEHU, Tura Campus, Chandmari, Tura – 794002.
Important dates (Tentative)
|End date for Submission of Application Form for B.A LLB (Hons)||June 2017|
|End Date for Submission of Application Form for B.Arch/ B.Tech||June 2017|
|End date for submission of MCA/ M.Tech/ MBA (Agri-Business & Food Technology)/ MTTM/PhD in Computer Application||July 2017|
|Date for M.Tech Entrance exam||July 2017|
|Date of BA LLB Entrance test||June 2017|
|Commencement of M.Tech Classes||August 2017|
For more news and updates, stay tuned with us