NID admission 2017 for B.Des and M.Des programme will be regulated by the National Institute of Design (NID). NID admission process is consisting of three stages namely Design Aptitude Test, Studio Test and Interview. NID offers admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the field of design. Through this article, students can familiarize themselves with the complete admission procedure of NID.
NID Admission 2017
As mentioned earlier that the admission process of NID to B.Des and M.Des programmes consists of three stages which is as follows:
- Stage-1: Design Aptitude Test (DAT)
- Stage-2: Studio Test
- Stage-3: Personal Interview
The candidates who are shortlisted based on DAT will be required to appear for the stage 2 and 3 exams of admission process. For B.Des and M.Des, the further round of selection process will be conducted at Ahmedabad, Bengaluru and Gandhinagar campuses. For GDPD, the second round of exams will be announced separately by NID Vijayawada. Based on candidates score in DAT, separate merit list will be prepared for each category.
NID Admission for Overseas Category
The foreign citizen can apply for NID admission under overseas category. Such candidates can apply for B.Des and M.Des fifteen percent (15%) supernumerary seats. NRI candidates can apply as Indian citizens. Candidates holding foreign passport with a valid PIO or OCI status have the choice to apply either for ‘Indian’ or ‘Overseas’ (supernumerary) category. The overseas category candidates are required to apply online on the official admission website of NID as per the prescribed schedule. The admission process for overseas category candidates will be organized in Ahmedabad only. To confirm admission, overseas category candidates will have to appear in person with all the necessary documents at the respective campus of NID.
- Announcement of Final Result for M.Des. and B.Des (first merit list): last week of May 2017
- Document verification, payment of fees and completion of admission formalities at all three campuses of NID for selected candidates: third week of June 2017
- Announcement of Wait-listed Candidates for B.Des. and M.Des. (2nd Merit List): third week of June 2017
- Document verification, payment of fees and completion of admission formalities at all three campuses of NID, for selected candidates in wait-list (if required): last week of June 2017
The selection will be done on the basis of all the stages of admission process. After the completion of all three stages, the final merit list will be prepared. The final merit list will be generated category-wise based on total scores of all the stages. Separate category-wise list of Wait-listed candidates will also prepared in the order of merit. The cut-off marks for general category is the score of the last candidate in the first merit list of general category.
Relaxation in Cut-Off scores for Reserved Category Candidates:
|10% less than cut off score of general category||20% less than cut off score of general category||20% less than cut off score of general category||30% less than cut off score of general category|
Documents Required at the time of Admission
The overseas category candidates need to bring the following documents at the time of counselling:
- Attested copy of passport containing candidate details
- For B.Des candidates: Attested copies of mark sheets of HSC and SSC (candidates currently appearing HSC need to submit a bonafide certificate from school/ college).
- For M.Des candidates: : Attested copies of mark sheets of SSC, HSC and graduation along with degree certificate/ provisional certificate/ passing certificate.
- An equivalence certificate obtained from Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Dear Visitor : Visit our website regularly for latest updates. In case of any clarification regarding NID Admission 2017, they can ask us by commenting below.