NIFT NRI Admission 2017: This post is particularly written for aspirants seeking admission at NIFT under Foreign Nationals/SAARC/NRI category. You may check here information related to eligibility criteria, application procedure, important dates etc.
NIFT NRI Admission 2017 Important Dates
|Sl. No||Events||Respective Dates|
|Date of online registration||October 2016 to January 2017|
|Deadline of registration process||January, 2017|
|Last date to register including late fee of Rs.5000/- payable through debit/credit card||January, 2017|
|Admit card availability in online mode||January, 2017|
|Date of written test for all UG and PG programmes||February, 2017|
|Date of Situation test/Group discussion/Interview||April to May, 2017|
|Date of releasing final result in online mode||May/June, 2017|
|Date of counselling||June, 2017 onwards|
Know here about minimum eligibility criteria for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate programmes under Foreign Nationals/SAARC/NRI category.
For Undergraduate programme
Age Criteria: The minimum age of candidates should be 23 years as on 1st October 2017. Relaxation will be provided to candidates in upper age limit by 5 years for candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe/ Scheduled Castes/Differently Abled Person (PHP).
Educational Criteria for B.Des/B.F.Tech Programme
- 10+2 from CBSE/State Board New delhi/Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi. Or,
- General certificate education (GCE) test (Sri-Lanka/London/Cambridge) at the International Baccalaureate (IB)/Advanced (A) level. Or,
- Any 10+2 equivalent exam conducted by Public School/Board/University but it should be recognized by the Association of Indian Universities. Or,
- Candidates should have obtained at least pass grade in Senior Secondary School Exam organized by the National Open School along with minimum five subjects. Or,
- Candidates should be having three or four year diploma degree recognized by a State Board of Technical Education or AICTE.
For Postgraduate Programme
Age Criteria: No Age Limit
Educational Criteria for M.F.Tech. (Master of Fashion Technology)
- Candidates should have obtained B.F.Tech. degree from NIFT.Or,
- They should have B.E / B.Tech. degree from any recognized institute/University.
Educational Criteria for M.F.M (Master of Fashion Management)/ M.Des (Master of Design)
- Candidates should hold undergraduate degree from any recognized institute or University. Or,
- They should have 3 years duration Undergraduate Diploma from NIFT/NID.
Candidates can apply for NIFT NRI Admission 2017 from the official website of NIFT (direct link will be updated here soon). Candidates’ SAT-1 score should be sent directly from College Board, USA to NIFT H.O New Delhi.
Application Fee: US$100
The amount can be paid through Online NIFT payment gateway.