NMU PhD Admission 2017: Applications will be invited by North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon for admission to Ph.D programme through Phd Entrance Test (PET 2017) for academic year 2017. Interested and eligible candidates can apply as per prescribed schedule.
Eligibility criteria for NMU PhD Admission 2017
Candidates must satisfy necessary eligibility conditions before applying admission into Phd programme. The eligibility criteria for NMU PET 2017 are as follows:
Candidates, who have done post graduate degree (master degree) examination scoring minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA from any recognized statutory university which is a member of AIU, New Delhi, are considered eligible for applying.
Reservation of Seats
50% seats from the total seats will be allocated to the persons who qualify the Phd Entrance Test and the remaining 50% seats are kept for those who are exempted from the Entrance Test. The reservation policy of the State Govt. will also be followed in the seat distribution process.
Application form: How to apply?
Applicants willing to apply for PhD admission must fill-up the online application form and need to send hard copy of the Application Form along with e-Challan/fee slip and other supporting documents to the following address before due date
Director, Board of Colleges and University Development (Bcud), North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon
Online Application Process
- Visit the official website of university and click on the Link “Apply Online” where you will be allowed to fill an Application form for Ph.D. Entrance Test – July August, 2017.
- Fill all the mandatory details very carefully as per the given instructions.
- For payment, click on make payment and choose the suitable payment option.
- Take the Print out of the duly filled application form.
- A hard copy of application form along with necessary documents and registration fee should be submitted to the BCUD office.
- The applicant is only responsible for his eligibility and the information which he/she has provided in the online Application Form. No changes/updates will be allowed in the information furnished in the online filled Application Form.
- Incomplete forms will be rejected without giving any reason
NMU PET Fee structure for admission/Entrance Test
Candidates have to pay Rs.1000/- (Rs.800/- for candidates belonging to reserve category) as necessary application fee through online generated challan/online payment gateway. The fee will be non- refundable at any circumstances.
The admit card/hall ticket for NMU PET 2017 will be provided to all applicants only online on the University Website i.e. www.nmu.ac. Candidates can download their admit card by entering the application number. They have to come with this downloaded copy of Printout Admit Card at the time of the Entrance Test. Failing in which the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the examination hall.
The entrance test will contain two papers i.e. Paper-1 and Paper-2
The syllabus of Paper-I and Paper-II for various subjects will be covered under different Boards and Faculties are uploaded on University website
Paper-1: General Aptitude Test
- This paper will comprise 50 questions for 100 marks with multiple choices.
- The paper will cover the subjects of numerical ability, logical reasoning, reasoning and language aptitude
Paper-2: Subject Specific Test
- This test will also comprise of 50 questions for 100 marks with multiple choice objective questions.
- The paper covers relevant subjects in the faculty
- Each correct answer will be rewarded with 2 marks for both Paper-1 and Paper- 2.
- There will be no negative marking in the entrance test.
- Applicant who scores 50% marks and above (45% marks and above, for candidates from reserved category) will be declared as pass
The applicant will be called for Paper-2 of Entrance Examination, only if he/she qualifies the Paper-1. The exam score of Paper-2 will be valid for next two attempts from the date of announcement of results to appear for Paper-2.
NMU PET Result
The result of PET will be announced, after one week from the date of PET examination on the university website i.e. www.nmu.ac.in. Candidate should visit official website link and provide their registration number or roll number in order to view the result.
Important dates (Tentative)
|Availability of online application from university website will start from||June 2017|
|End date for filling up of online application form||July 2017|
|Closing date for submission of hard copy of online filled Application Form along with related documents||July 2017|
|Provisional list of eligible applicants appearing for the Entrance Test and exempted applicants will be displayed on||July 2017|
|End date of receiving of objection on list, if any (in written application form)||July 2017|
|Admit card will be released on||July 2017|