North Orissa University Admission 2017: Applications will be invited by North Orissa University for admission into PG/M.Tech./M.Phil/Pre-Ph.D courses for the academic session 2017. Interested and eligible candidates can apply as per prescribed schedule.
North Orissa University : Courses Details
P.G & M.Phil courses offered
M.Sc/ M.A/M.Phil in Biotechnology, Chemistry, Botany, Physics, Computer Science, Zoology, Economics and MCA Courses
List of Self- Financing P.G Courses offered by NOU
MBA in Agri Business, M.A. in Bengali, M.A./M.Sc. in Anthropology & Tribal Studies, Master in Management of Displacement, Master in Disaster Management, Resettlement and Rehabilitation, Master in Drama, M.A. in English, M.A. in Education, M.Sc. Fisheries, M.A. in Journalism & Mass Communication, M.A. in Hindi, MBA, M.A./M.Sc. Mathematics, Master in Finance & Control, Master in Social Work, Master in Library &Information Science, M.A. in Odia, M.A. in Sanskrit, M.Sc. in RS & GIS, M.Sc. in Wildlife & Biodiversity Conservation, M.A. in Santali, M.A./M.Sc. in Yoga and Naturopathy.
Self- Financing M. Tech Courses at NOU
M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
Self- Financing M.Phil courses
Anthropology & Tribal Studies/ English / Odia / Library & Information Science/ Sanskrit / Education / Wildlife & Biodiversity Conservation
Botany/ Biotechnology/Commerce & Management/ Chemistry/ Computer Sc. & IT/ Economics/ English/ Education/ Geology/ Law/ History/Life Sciences/ Odia/ Mathematics/ Physics/ Philosophy/ Political Science/ Zoology/ Sanskrit
Eligibility criteria for North Orissa University Admission 2017
Eligibility Criteria for Master’s degree (PG)
- Candidate should be honours graduates at the +3 level in the related stream. Candidates seeking admission in Biotechnology discipline must have any Honours Graduate degree in Science with Biology as a subject at 12th
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST category the eligibility condition is Honours or Pass graduate in the related subject except Self-financing courses.
For M.Tech programme
Candidates should have MCA/M. Sc. in Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Statistics (with Physics and Mathematics combination in graduation level) / Mathematics / Physics / Mathematics and Computing with minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade from any recognized university or B.Tech/ BE in Computer Science / Electronics / IT/ Electrical Engineering with at least of 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade from any recognized university.
For M.Phil Programme
- Applicants having good academic career obtaining minimum of 55% marks (50% for candidates from SC/ST category) or equivalent grade at Master’s Degree in the concerned subject from any recognized university are eligible to apply for admission into the programme offered they qualify an entrance test followed by an interview.
- Candidates, who qualify UGC-CSIR-NET / SLET test and awardees of Teacher Fellowship (TF) from UGC, are exempted from the entrance test.
For Pre-Phd courses
- Candidates having Master’s Degree in relevant stream obtaining minimum of 55% of marks ( 50% for candidates belonging to SC and ST category) or equivalent grade at Master’s Degree in the subjects are eligible to apply.
- The applicants who have passed UGC-CSIR NET/ GATE/ INSPIRE fellowship of DST and holds Teachers Fellowship form UGC are excused from such tests and interviews.
- Candidates with M.Phil Degree in concerned subject are also excused from entrance test and interview provided they have been enrolled to M.Phil course through an entrance test as per UGC rules.
Application Form: How to apply
Candidates can apply for North Orissa University Admission 2017, both online as well as offline process
For online application, candidates need to visit the official website of university i.e. http://nou.nic.in.
Offline application process
Applicants seeking admission to M.Tech/ Master’s Degree/M.Phil/ Pre-Ph.D Programmes need to apply in the prescribed application form that can be accessible from the University’s official website i.e. www.nou.nic.in. Send the filed in application form along with a Bank Demand Draft of required application fee Rs.500/- (for PG courses), Rs.600/- (for M.Phil/ M.Tech) and Rs.1500/- (for Pre-Ph.D programmes) in favour of Comptroller of Finance, North Orissa University, payable at Baripada will reach the office of the Chairman, P.G. Council on or before due date.
List of documents to be attached with the application Form:
- Account Payee Bank draft
- Copies of Certificates and Mark sheets (From HSC onwards)
- Copy of Caste Certificate/Certificate in claim of the reservation
- Affix recent passport size photographs in given fields
For PG admission
Selection of applicants for admission will be done on the basis of their performance in the entrance examination and assessment of their educational career.
For M.Tech admission
Selection of applicants for M.Tech courses will be made on the basis of their performance in the entrance examination followed by interview and assessment of their academic career.
For Mphil admission
Selection of applicants will be done on the basis of merit calculated as per the following criteria.
- Educational Career: 40 marks
- Interview: 10 marks
- The written test will be held for 50 marks.
For Pre- Phd admission
Selection in Phd courses at NOU will be done through marks obtained in entrance exam followed by interview.
PG Entrance Test
- The paper will comprise total of 50 objective type questions from graduation level as recommended by UGC.
- Each question will carry one mark
- The duration of examination will be one hour.
- The candidate needs to obtain a minimum of 30% in the entrance test
MPhil/Pre-Phd Entrance Test
The paper will comprise of single paper of 50 multiple answer type questions for 50 marks. The duration of exam will be one hour. The Question Paper will cover all the subjects taught at the Post Graduate level of the concerned discipline of North Orissa University. The applicants must obtain a minimum of 40% of marks in entrance test in order to be eligible for selection for admission.
Depending on eligibility and proof, following categories for the reservation of seats will be prepared
- For SC /ST category: Seats will be reserved as per Govt. of Odisha rules.
- Differently Abled candidates: 3% from the total of seats will be reserved for differently abled applicants.
- Ex-Serviceman: One seat will be kept aside for the candidates of the wards of ex-serviceman of Indian Armed forces.
Important dates (tentative)
|Filling of Application form (both Online & Offline) for all courses begins from||May 2017- June 2017|
|End date of submission of application form for all courses||June 2017|
|Date of Entrance test for all courses including SFC||June 2017- July 2017|
|Admission date for P.G. & M.Tech /M.Phil /Pre-Ph.D||July 2017|