OU (Osmania University) PhD Eligibility Test: Osmania University (OU) will conduct the PhD Eligibility test for offering admission to PhD courses in the University for academic session 2017. The university offers PhD courses in the various faculties like Arts, Education, Commerce, Management, Engineering and Informatics, Oriental Languages, Law, Pharmacy, Social Sciences, Science, Technology.
Interested candidates can apply for Phd courses under above said departments after checking the required eligibility criteria.
Eligibility Criteria for Osmania University Admission Test
- Candidates who have done master’s degree in relevant stream can apply for the PhD Eligibility Test of related subject.
- Candidate should have qualified their master degree programme with scoring a minimum of 55% marks (or 50% in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST category)
- Candidates who have passed CSIR-NET / UGC-NET / APSET / GATE / JEST / GPAT are exempted from the Phd eligibility test.
- Candidates, who have been awarded CSIR-NET / UGC-NET / ICMR / DBT-JRF / ICAR / INSPIRE fellowship and Teacher Fellowship, are also excused from the test
- Candidates holding M. Phil. Degree in regular mode from Osmania University in the related subject or Ph. D. in an allied subject approved by Osmania University may not apply.
Application Form: How to apply
The Osmania PhD Eligibility test application form and information booklet will be available online. Interested and eligible candidates can download the application form along with information brochure from the website of university i.e. http://www.osmania.ac.in/ after the release official notification. Candidates need to fill all required entries carefully and correctly.
Send the duly filled in application form along with all necessary documents and demand draft for Rs 200/ towards application fee drawn in favour of Dean of the faculty concerned payable at Hyderabad. Application should be submitted on any working day in the office of Dean concerned on or before due date. No application form will be accepted after due date.
- The duration of entrance test would be 90 minutes.
- The paper will comprising objective type with multiple choice questions (MCQs) of 100 marks
- The exam will conduct in English language.
Important Dates (Tentative)
|Notification for Osmania university PhD Eligibility test releases on||July 2017|
|Online application form submission starts from||July 2017|
|End date to submit application form without late fee||August 2017|
|End date to submit application form with late fee of Rs 400/||August 2017|
|Entrance test will conduct on||January 2018|
Osmania University Admission