GATE Electrical Engineering Exam 2017 is one of the most reputed exams for Graduated Engineers. This exam will help you in understanding your ability to work in the development sector of our country and also get GATE Recruitment through PSUs. GATE Electrical Engineering Exam syllabus 2017 is also very important for this. GATE Cut Off for IIT has been decided based on the person’s knowledge of the subject. Hence, it is very important to answer the question about – How to prepare for GATE 2017 Electrical Exam.
GATE Electrical Engineering Exam Preparation 2017
- Make sure you know your basics very well for the GATE EE Preparation to be perfect. The important concepts such as :
- Regularly covered topics in GATE: Questions were asked from the following topics in the previous GATE Papers.
- KCL, KVL and Node and Mesh analysis
- Network Theorems
- Transient Analysis of First order circuits
- Two-port networks
- Power and power factor in ac circuits
- Difficult topics in GATE: Questions from following topics in GATE exam are found to be tough.
- Transient and Steady State analysis of Second order RLC circuits
- Phasor diagrams
- Magnetic Coupled circuits
- Two-port networks
- Laplace transform
General Aptitute Preparation for GATE EE Preparation
General Aptitude is an integral part of the GATE Exam and it can be well managed through practice. These concepts are asked in every competitive exam. Hence, it is very important to master them before you sit you for the exam. The basic topics such as – Percentages, Time, Speed and Distance, Averages etc. can be learned from any reputed book for GATE Aptitude 2017.
Verbal Ability for GATE EE Preparation
English is the language of the modern world. It is very important that you understand what to speak and the right language to use. This topic can get you through all good sectors in life. We sure to read a lot of newspapers or books to have a command over English language.
This section will comprise of high level mathematics that electrical engineers can apply in real life. You can understand that these topics will be a little difficult and will comprise of 15% of the main exam. This topic needs a good book to prepare and we recommend B.S. Grewal as it contains all the topics. PDF will also be available online.
Important Books to prepare for GATE EE 2017
- Network Theory : Engineering Circuit Analysis by Hayt Kemmerly
- Analog Devices : Electronic Devices and Circuit Theory by Boylestad
- Digital Circuits : Digital logic Design by Morris Mano
- Control Systems : Control Systems by NagrathGopal
- Electrical Machines: Electrical Machinery by PS Bimbhra
- Power Electronics : Power Electronics by UA Bakshi
- Power Systems: Power System Engineering by Nagrath Kothari
- Signals and Systems: Signals and Systems by Oppenheim Wilsky