Punjabi University M.Phil & Ph.D Admission 2017: Applications will be invited by Punjabi University from eligible and interested candidates for admission to M.Phil & Ph.D programmes for the upcoming session 2017. Candidates seeking admission to M.Phil and Phd course in Punjabi university can apply online as per prescribed schedule.
Eligibility Criteria for Punjabi University Ph.D & M.Phil Admission 2017
A candidate seeking admission to M.Phil programme should satisfy the following academic criteria:
Pre-requisite for admission to M. Phil
- Candidate must have Master’s degree in the concerned/allied subjects (as determined by the Departmental Research Board).
Eligibility for admission to M. Phil.:
- Candidates having B. A. /B. Sc. /B. Com. /Graduate Degree with minimum of 50% marks can apply.
- Candidates having M.A. /M. Sc. /M. Com. /Master Degree with minimum of 55% marks (50% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/Physically Handicapped categories at both the levels)
- Candidates must have passed master degree in the relevant subject.
Application Form: How to apply
The Application Forms for admission to M.Phil/Ph.D. offered by Punjabi University Patiala for the academic session 2017 will be processed through the online system. Candidates seeking admission in M.Phil/Ph.D are needed to fill the online Application-cum-Admission Form by the specified date.
- The application form can be submitted through following common online process:
- At very first candidates have to complete registration process
- Candidates have to provide some important details such as Name, Father’s Name, Mobile No., Date of Birth, e-mail address, Category (SC/ST or General and all others) etc while doing the registration process.
- They need to pay required application fee via online modes i.e. debit/credit/net banking or pay in slip of State Bank of Patiala or through Punjabi University Cashier Fee Receipt
- On the successful registration, candidate will receive login id on their registered email address. By using the same they can access the application form by clicking on “Apply” Button.
- Fill the online Application Form and enter important information regarding your academic record, reservation category, etc. very carefully and accurately.
- After completion of the Application Form click on “Save” button
- Candidates opting online payment modes will be issued Login id and Password instantly after confirmation of the payment by the gateway.
- Candidates paying through Pay-in-slip for SBOP or Punjabi University Patiala Cashier Fee Receipt need to submit their original slips/ receipts via post or personally to Centralized Admission Cell-2014, Near Coffee House- Punjabi University Patiala. Such applicants will be issued Login credentials only after confirmation of their payment by Centralized Admission Cell.
- Candidates can print their duly filled in application forms using Login id and Password.
The question paper for entrance test will comprise of one part only. The entrance test will consist of 100 multiple choice type questions for 100 marks. Duration of entrance test will be 2 hours. There will be no negative marking in this entrance test.
The admission to M.Phil courses and Ph.D. Programme will be made on the basis of common Entrance Test organized by Punjabi University, Patiala
Important dates (Tentative)
|Date for submission of online application forms without late fee||July 2017|
|Date for submission of online application forms with late fee of Rs 1500/||July 2017|
|Date of entrance test||July 2017|
|Result will be announced on||August 2017|
|Date of personal interview||August 2017|