Thapar University Admission 2017: Applications will be invited by Thapar University every year for admission to undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral courses under various streams. Candidates seeking admission to particular programme at Thapar University for academic session 2017 can apply as per prescribed schedule.
The University offers academic courses at the UG level leading to BE/BTech degree, at the PG level leading to MSc, MCA, ME/MTech, MBA degrees, and at the doctoral level, DSc and PhD degrees.
Departments available at Thapar University
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Distance Education (DDE)
- Department of Biotechnology
- Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Department
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
Schools at Thapar University
- M. Thapar School of Management
- School of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- School of Humanities & Social Sciences
- School of Mathematics
- School of Physics & Materials Science.
- School of Energy and Environment
Thapar University B.E/B.TECH Admission 2017
Thapar University Phd Admission 2017
Thapar University MBA Admission 2017
Thapar University MA/MCA/M.Sc Admission 2017
Thapar University M.E/M.TECH Admission 2017
Applicants seeking admission in Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology University will fill up the online application form available on the official website of university i.e. www.thapar.edu. The applicants are required to fill complete details mentioned in the online form. Follow the below steps for filling up online application form.
- First click on “Apply Online” link available on home page of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology University website www.thapar.edu.
- At the application page, candidates need to choose the programme in which he/she interested to apply. Candidates are recommended to read the eligibility conditions carefully before clicking on to “Apply Now” button of respective programme.
- Now click on “Create New Account” tab in order to register yourself. Candidates need to fill in the details to create and receive a unique “Username” and “Password” via email for applying to Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology University.
- Use the same login details to access the application form.
- Fill up the Academic Details, Personal Details, select the preferences of the courses, upload your recent photograph and signature, and after that submit the completely filled application form.
Candidates have to pay Rs 1500/ (for all courses except MA and MSc and Rs. 1,000/- for MA and MSc courses) as required application fee through the online mode or through Demand Draft.
- After filling the online application form, take two printout copies of the form for further use.
- Send one of the printouts by attaching fee slip to “In-charge Admission Cell’ Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology University, Patiala (Punjab)-147 004
Candidates have to take the JEE-main exam to get admission into Thapar University for the undergraduate program and candidates take the MET exam for admission into graduate/postgraduate courses. Admission to Phd courses will be done through scores obtained in written test followed by an interview organized by TU.
About Thapar University
Established in the year 1956 by Karam Chand Thapar, the Thapar University (previously known as Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology) is well known engineering institute situated in Patiala. The university has shown tremendous growth in its size and activities from the time of its existence. By the year 1985, TU was granted full self-government and the status of a university by UGC (University Grants Commission). Thapar University placed on fifth as per the survey conducted by the limited participation CSR-GHRDC Engineering Colleges in the year 2011.
Thapar University Contact details
Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology University
P.O. Box 32,
Bhadson Road, Patiala,
Phone Number: +91-175-2393021