University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2017: Applications will be invited by University of Calicut for admission to 2- year B.Ed course for the academic year 2017 offered at Government Colleges/Aided Colleges/ Unaided Colleges/ University Teacher Education Centres affiliated to University of Calicut. Interested and eligible candidates can apply as per prescribed schedule.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Calicut B.Ed Admission 2017
Candidates seeking admission to B.Ed programme at University of Calicut must satisfy prescribed eligibility Criteria before apply for admission.
- Applicants who have done BA/B.Sc degree of the University of Calicut or a degree recognized as equivalent thereto under 10+2+3 pattern with minimum of 50% marks in Part-I+II+III collectively/50% Marks for Part-III separately or Masters Degree in the same course with no less than 50% marks or 10+2+5 pattern for Integrated M.Sc Course or 10+2+3+2 pattern for M.Com.
- However, 10+2+3 Pattern is not persisted for B.A/B.Sc Degree in liberalized scheme of the University of Calicut.
- Applicants who have passed Bachelor’s in Technology or Engineering with specialization in Science and Mathematics with minimum of 55% marks are also eligible
- Applicants who have done their qualifying examination from other Universities outside Kerala need to submit Equivalency Certificate confirming that their qualifying examination is documented by the Calicut University, for seeking admission to B.Ed Degree programme in a particular elective subject, along with their application
- Candidates from SC/ST category including citizens of Lakshadweep and applicants under Teacher Quota require only a pass in the Qualifying Examination. There will be relaxation of 5% to the minimum required marks for candidates from OBC, SEBC and OEC category
- Blind Candidates will be provided 5% relaxation in aggregate marks
There will be no upper age limit for admission to B.Ed course.
Application form: How to apply?
Application Form and Prospectus can be downloaded from the university website i.e. www.universityofcalicut.info. Aspirants should fill up the application carefully after reading the important guidelines in prospectus.
Application form for admission to B.Ed programme 2017 in affiliated Colleges and University Teacher Education Centres can be submitted to the concerned institution by depositing the application fee of Rs.100/-.
Applicants can also obtain the application form from the colleges concerned.
Important dates (Tentative)
|Date of release of Notification / Issuing of Application form||May 2017|
|End Date of Submission of Application Form||June 2017|
|Date of release of Rank List||June 2017|
|Date of interview and admission||June 2017|
|Classes will commence from||July 2017|