University of Calicut MCA Entrance examination 2017: Applications will be invited by University of Calicut from eligible candidates for entrance examination for admission to Master of Computer Application (MCA) for the academic year 2017. Interested and eligible candidates can apply as per prescribed schedule.
Eligibility criteria for University of Calicut MCA Entrance examination 2017
Candidates seeking admission to MCA programme at University of Calicut must satisfy prescribed eligibility Criteria before apply for admission.
- Aspirants must be done any bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3 pattern of education with Computer application/ Computer science/Mathematics/ Engineering and Technology/ Statistics as one of the main or additional subjects with obtaining minimum of 50% or equivalent CGPA aggregate.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination can also apply.
- A relaxation of 5% mark will be provided to SEBC and PH applicants. In case of SC/ST category, only a pass in the qualifying examination is required.
Application Form: How to apply for MCA ?
Aspirants can apply online through the University website i.e. www.cuonline.ac.in.
Process to apply
- Go to official website link and click on the link ‘MCA Entrance 2017″.
- Enter challan number and Pass word and proceed for completing the registration process.
- Send the print out of duly filled in application forms along with the e-chalan receipt and self attested copies of important certificates as proof of age, qualifications and community to the Head of the Department/Co-ordinator/Director so as to reach on or before due date.
- Note the online Registration I.D. Number for downloading MCA entrance exam hall tickets. This Registration number should also be kept by the candidate in all future communications.
Candidates have to pay fee of Rs.300/- (Rs.100/ for candidates belonging to SC/ST category) as necessary application fee. Fee should be submitted to Calicut University Fund by e-payment (SBT online/ Friends/Akshaya e-chalan/ SBT e-chalan).
To make payment, click on “fee remittance” link in the Admission Website or the link “Instant Web Payment System” available in the Official Website of the University i.e. www.universityofcalicut.info. Select the accurate purpose of payment while processing the e-challan.
The entrance exam will be of 2 hours duration and will consist of 100 objective type questions of 1 mark each from the disciplines as listed below.
- Computer Science – 30%
- Mathematics – 30%
- Physics- 10%
- Statics- 10%
- Reasoning –10%
Counseling & Rank list
The Rank list will be made on the basis of total marks obtained by the applicants in the entrance examination and will be announced in the university websites i.e. www.cuonline.ac.in/ or www.universityofcalicut.info. No direct indication will be sent to any candidate for the counseling and admission. Distribution of seats on each category will be strictly based on the rank achieved by the candidates.
Important dates (Tentative)
|Submission of online application form begins from||April 2017|
|End date for the online registration||May 2017|
|Date of entrance exam||June 2017|