University of Calicut PhD Admission 2017: Applications will be invited by University of Calicut from eligible candidates for entrance examination and direct admission to Doctor of Philosophy course for the academic session 2017. Interested and eligible candidates can apply as per prescribed schedule.
Eligibility criteria for University of Calicut PhD Admission 2017
Candidates seeking admission to Phd course at University of Calicut must satisfy prescribed eligibility Criteria before apply for admission.
- Candidates, who have done PG Degree (Master Degree) Exam with minimum of 50% marks or equivalent Grade Point Average of this University or an equivalent degree recognized by University of Calicut are eligible to apply.
- There will be relaxation for minimum marks are applicable to reserved category (or) Persons working in National Laboratories- Universities/ Institutes/Govt./Private Organization nominated/sponsored by the respective employer.
- Teachers of Affiliated, Aided and Govt. colleges under the University of Calicut, and teachers with QIP/ FDP, etc., fellowships, and teachers of the University Departments are exempted from the entrance test
- Applicants holding research fellowships from Central or State funding agencies are also excused from the entrance test; qualified in GPAT (valid score)/ GATE (valid score) / JRF / SRF examination of the apex bodies such as UGC/ CSIR/ ICAR/ DBT & DST/ ICMR inspire fellowship only the cut off score will be considered by the concerned department council
- Candidates holding M.Phil Degree (regular) successfully completed from any Statutory Recognized University in the relevant subject are also exempted from the exam
Application Form: How to apply?
The prescribed application form for Phd Entrance Exam can be downloaded from the University Website i.e. www.uoc.ac.in after the release of official notification
Go to the ‘fee remittance’ in the Admission Website of university (www.cuonline.ac.in) or click the link ‘instant web payment system’ in the Official Website i.e. www.universityofcalicut.info for submitting the fee and online application.
Candidate have to pay Rs.550/- (Rs.220/for candidates belonging to SC/ST category) as Application and Entrance Exam Fee to Calicut University Fund through e-payment (SBT online/SBT e-chalan/Akshaya e-chalan/ Friends).
The print-out of the application form duly attested by a gazetted officer along with e-challan slip of Rs.550/- (Rs.220/- for SC/ST category) towards Application & Exam Fee should reach the Head of the University Teaching Departments Concerned on or before due date.
Applicants can download their hall tickets/admit cards for Phd entrance exam online. They need to visit the official website of university and have to enter online Registration ID Number for downloading hall tickets for the Entrance Exams.
Important dates (Tentative)
|Online Registration Form will available from||November 2016|
|End Date of Online Registration||December 2016|
|End Date for Receipt of Print out of Application forms||December 2016|
|Entrance exam will conduct on||December 2016|
|Result will be announced on||December 2016|