Utkal University PhD Admission 2017: Applications in the prescribed Form will be invited by Utkal University, Bhubaneswar from eligible candidates for admission to PhD courses in various faculties such as in Faculties of Culture Studies, Visual Art & Performing Art, Language and Literature, under Utkal University of Culture for the academic year 2017.
Phd Courses and seats offered
- Culture Studies – 15 Seats
- Performing Art – 15 Seats
- Language and Literature – 10 Seats
- Visual Art – 10 Seats
Eligibility Criteria for Utkal University PhD Admission 2017
Candidates must fulfill the prescribed eligibility criteria as follows:
- Candidates having post graduate degree in relevant stream with securing minimum of 55% (50% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category and college teachers holding 15 years of teaching experience) of marks are eligible to appear for PhD Entrance Test and Interview for the academic year 2017.
- Applicants qualifying UGC-CSIR / GATE/ NET/SLET/ ICMR / DBT/ICAR / ICSSR/ ICHR/INSPIRE Fellowship of Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship / DST/ Dept. of Culture, Govt, of India and other National Bodies and receivers of Teacher Fellowship and some other related fellowship as will be accepted by the Vice-Chancellor from time to time are also excused from entrance exam and interview
- Phil Degree holders are also relaxed from entrance exam and interview provided they have been enrolled to M.Phil course through a written entrance exam.
- Teachers of colleges / institutions of Higher Education/ University and professionals with seven years teaching /professional experience will be excused from appearing the Phd entrance exam and interview
Application Form: How to apply
The interested and eligible candidates can obtain the Utkal University Phd Entrance test application form from the University Website i.e. www.uuc.ac.in. Candidates should fill the important details mentioned in form very carefully and correctly.
Applications for phd entrance test duly filled in along with the bank draft of Rs.500/- drawn in favour of Comptroller of Finance, Utkal University payable at SBI, Utkal University campus branch, Vani Vihar Towards cost of application form will be submitted to Heads of relevant PG Teaching Department before due date.
- Applications for Entrance exam dully filled in along with the necessary fees through Bank Draft will be submitted to the Controller of Examinations either via post or in person.
- Incomplete applications in any respect and applications received after the due date will be instantly rejected and no communication will be made with the applicants in this regard
- The applicants who are eligible to be free from Entrance exam and Interview should also apply in the Entrance Test application form for release of required exemption documentation. Such candidates are not required to pay for entrance test.
Application Form fee: Rs.500/-
Entrance Test Fees: Rs.2000/-
Total – Rs.2500/-
The payment of fee can be done through bank draft drawn in favour of Utkal University of Culture payable at United Bank of India, Market Building – Unit-II (Bhubaneswar-751009)
Selection of candidates will be made on the marks in written exam followed by personal interview. Candidates exempted from the test will be selected through their previous academic records.
Important dates (Tentative)
|Closing date for receiving of application form for entrance test||January 2017|
|Date of Phd Entrance test||February 2017|