VSSUT Phd Admission 2017: The Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology (VSSUT), Odisha, will be inviting application for admission to the Regular/Sponsored PhD Program for academic session 2017. Interested and eligible candidates can apply as per prescribed schedule.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Disciplines in Computer Application, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, Metallurgy & Materials Engineering, Production Engineering and Basic Science and Humanities (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & English).
Eligibility criteria for VSSUT Phd Admission 2017
For PhD (Engineering)
- Candidates having ME/ M.Tech/ M.Sc (Engineering) in relevant stream with minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent CGPA) at M.Tech/ B.Tech level from an Institute and University recognized by UGC/ AICTE/Central Government are eligible to apply.
- Candidates having B.E/ B.Tech/B.Sc (Engineering) in relevant stream with minimum of 65% marks (or equivalent CGPA) at B.Tech level from a University and Institute recognized by UGC/ AICTE/Central Government are eligible to apply.
- Staff members employed permanent positions of VSSUT, Burla holding M.Tech degree in related stream from an Institute/University recognized by AICTE/UGC/Central Government are also eligible to apply.
For PhD (Science)
- Candidates having M.Phil/ M.Tech/ M.Sc / M.S in related stream with minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent CGPA) from an Institute or University recognized by UGC/ AICTE/Central Government can apply.
- Candidates, who have M.Tech with MCA in related subject with minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent CGPA) at MCA / M.Tech level from an Institute or University recognized by UGC / AICTE/Central Government, are also eligible to apply.
For PhD (Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Candidates should have M.Phil/MA/MBA in relevant stream with minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent CGPA) from an Institute or University recognized by UGC/ AICTE/Central Government
- Staff members employed on permanent positions of VSSUT; Burla having M.Phil/ MBA/ MA in related stream from an Institute or University recognized by AICTE/UGC/Central Government may also apply.
Application Form: How to apply
The interested and eligible applicants may download the application form from the University website i.e. www.vssut.ac.in. They need to fill the form completely with accurate details. Submit a hard copy of the signed duly filled application form along with non-refundable Demand Draft (DD) of Rs.500/- (Rs.200/- in case of applicants belonging to SC/ST categories) in favour of VSSUT, Burla payable at Syndicate Bank or SBI, Burla and send the same by Speed Post/ Registered Post only so as to reach the Dean, PGS & R, VSSUT, Burla by due date.
The envelope enclosed the application form must be scribbled as “Application for PhD Program -2017” along with the name of the Department as applicable
- Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of overall academic career, written exam scores and interview performance.
- The applicants who have successfully qualified GATE/ Inspired fellowship (DST)/ NET/Teacher fellowship (UGC) and the awardees of some other fellowships from Government Agencies are excused from the Written Test and they will be given preference in the selection of PhD admission
- Such candidates are needed to appear only interview before DAC to evaluate their research aptitude, subject interest, ability to work in a team, and availability of supervisors and services in the Department before final selection.
Important dates (Tentative) for Admission into PhD Program Spring 2017
|End date for the receiving of completed application form by Speed Post||January 2017|
|End date of Display of shortlisted applicants in VSSUT Website||January 2017|
|Date of the Written Test and Interview for PhD Admission||February 2017|
|List of selected candidates on university website will be published on||February 2017|